Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251

    Channel reversing.

    Looking for some help...
    I currently use the same remote for several rc's as it's much simpler.

    I have recently converted a TRX-4 Sport into a TRX-6. In this process, I added the hi/lo gear as well as the locking diffs.

    My problem is the hi/lo button is backwards and so is the diffs. I can have front locked or rear locked or all unlocked. But I don't have all locked.

    Is there a way to reverse the buttons on the transmitter or do I need to remove all servo's and horns and reverse them?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,115
    You should be able to reverse any of the 5 channels either by transmitter buttons or Traxxas link. It might be easier to ask "How would you like to set them up?"

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    You should be able to reverse any of the 5 channels either by transmitter buttons or Traxxas link. It might be easier to ask "How would you like to set them up?"
    The same way they are on TRX-4. The 3 position toggle switch should be as follows:
    Pos A = all unlocked
    Pos B = front locked
    Pos C = all locked

    Mine is :
    Pos A = front locked
    Pos B = all unlocked
    Pos C = intermediate locked, front and rear unlocked.

    The red switch should be press up for low and down for hi. Mine is reversed on my trx-6 but the same remote works fine on my TRX-4 with same functions

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier RCWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    California Bay Area
    Posts
    666
    Perhaps the servos are in the wrong channels? I know that on the RTR, the intermediate and rear axles are controlled together by one servo. Do you have a separate servo for each axle?

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251
    They are all plugged in the right places.
    Both rears on same servo but I am gonna try a shorter cable on the last axle. But ecen when I get the last axle settled, the switch will be wrong.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by B-stinga View Post
    The same way they are on TRX-4. The 3 position toggle switch should be as follows:
    Pos A = all unlocked
    Pos B = front locked
    Pos C = all locked

    Mine is :
    Pos A = front locked
    Pos B = all unlocked
    Pos C = intermediate locked, front and rear unlocked.

    The red switch should be press up for low and down for hi. Mine is reversed on my trx-6 but the same remote works fine on my TRX-4 with same functions
    Each receiver needs to be set up. If the receiver came out of a different vehicle other than a TRX-4 with all channels setup, they could be reversed like you are experiencing.

    If you have the servos plugged in the stock locations and you want the channels to work as it would come from the factory. (Using Traxxas servos)
    CH3-reversed
    CH4-reversed
    CH5-normal

    Do you have the Blue Tooth Link?
    Last edited by grizzly03; 06-01-2020 at 06:56 PM.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Each receiver needs to be set up. If the receiver came out of a different vehicle other than a TRX-4 with all channels setup, they could be reversed like you are experiencing.

    If you have the servos plugged in the stock locations and you want the channels to work as it would come from the factory. (Using Traxxas servos)
    CH3-reversed
    CH4-reversed
    CH5-normal

    Do you have the Blue Tooth Link?
    I was thinking along those lines...
    I can only find support to reverse the throttle and steering channels. But those are fine.

    I don't have the link module. I thought of it as a gimmick, but considering I run several trucks on the same remote, I see a potential usefulness. Will definitely look into getting that.

    Anyway to do it without it in the mean time?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251
    Found it. I never realized there are this many programming options.

    Good to know!
    Tha ks for the help guys!

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by B-stinga View Post
    I don't have the link module. I thought of it as a gimmick, but considering I run several trucks on the same remote, I see a potential usefulness. Will definitely look into getting that.
    I don't use it much for the telemetry. It sure does come in handy for setting up the Tx/Rx settings.

    On the bright side, Ch3,Ch4,Ch5 you can only adjust servo direction. It should make it a little easier. LoL

  10. #10
    RC Champion NYbandit33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,213
    The bluetooth module and link app is definitely worth it. I run both my cars off the same remote and planning on adding a third soon. Having the motor temp sensor and voltage tap has been very useful for me. Also very easy to change settings and create different profiles.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251
    Thanks again all. Job done, all channels set properly.

    I still can't get the rear axle to lock. I opened up the diff. Weird thing is it doesn't matter which position the locker is in, the wheel action remains unlocked

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,115
    Is the shifting fork in the groove on the metal locker gear?

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier RCWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    California Bay Area
    Posts
    666
    Yeah, the locking/unlocking diff is sometimes problematic. Take the diff cover off and see what happens when you push or pull on the cable.

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Is the shifting fork in the groove on the metal locker gear?
    It's where it's supposed to be. And the cable does it's job of moving fork from side to side.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    Yeah, the locking/unlocking diff is sometimes problematic. Take the diff cover off and see what happens when you push or pull on the cable.
    I did that. I even manually pushed in the lock, but even in locked position the wheels are unlocked ( I can hold one still and the other turns)

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,115
    Check to see that there is a pin.


  17. #17
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Check to see that there is a pin.

    That's why I love this place... right on the money grizzly, no pin. All set now, thanks!!

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251
    That rear locked axle makes all the difference

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,115
    It's looking good!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •