RC Enthusiast

Are paddle tires really worth it?

I've been driving my E-Maxx with Proline Big Joe tires in the sand at the beach, and it's been doing really well. Would paddle tires perform any better than the Big Joes?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good set?

They're suppose to be better on sand, but sand is all paddle tires are good for. Big Joes perform well on several surfaces. Me personally, I'd rather have a couple set of tires that perform well on all the surfaces I play on, rather than having the best set of tires (for each and every surface) I play on. That can get very expensive. And, as a ReglarGuy, I ain't into throwing a lot of money around.
    Better to die a man, than live like a girly-guy.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the input. How about snow? Would the paddle tires be good for the snow?

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx'ed View Post
    Thanks for the input. How about snow? Would the paddle tires be good for the snow?
    Surprisingly, Proline sand paws perform extremely well in loose snow. I have 2.8ís in regular and low profile on a couple of different 2WD vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's to bad you don't have a buddy that will let you try out a set. That way you'd know for sure before making any financial commitments.
    Better to die a man, than live like a girly-guy.