RC Qualifier

Looking at ordering a tp power motor for my roller coming in pieces...bolt pattern?

Hi XO-1ers

I have parts arriving gradually to put together an XO-1 roller, with my own servo, tires, and electronics. I was wondering if the motor mount bolt pattern is m3 screw by 25mm, m4 x 25mm, or something else like m4x35mm? I don’t have motor mount yet so can’t tell what the pattern of the motor should be. Looking at the photos of the motor mount it looks like the mount can take both m3 or m4 screws but they are the same spacing, so it leads me to think it’s M3/M4 x 25mm. I don’t know how people are putting the bigger can motors on these to run 8+s?

If it is 25mm spacing and I were to go with a tp4040 1680kv, would it be much an improvement over stock?

Thanks

Beluga
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 06-01-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    I have parts arriving gradually to put together an XO-1 roller, with my own servo, tires, and electronics.
    With no wheels on your XO-1, it sounds like you have more of a slider rather than a roller. (lol) Anyway, what I do in situations like yours (where one part is dependent on another) is I order my parts in groups. I'd get your motor mount first, and then get whatever motor you want that will fit. That way you don't take any chances of having to deal with any surprises.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-02-2020 at 04:32 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

i have wrecked mine so many times , that most of it is aftermarket . if you know what you need , it is out there .
    reglarguy is right on ordering groups . ..................... steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    With no wheels on your XO-1, it sounds like you have more of a slider rather than a roller. (lol) Anyway, what I do in situations like yours (where one part is dependent on another) is I order my parts in groups. I'd get your motor mount first, and then get whatever motor you want that will fit. That way you don't take any chances of having to deal with any surprises.
    I have the stock motor mount on its way, do you know if itís a 25mm or other spacing?

Itís 25mm and Iím leaning towards M4 screws. Iíll check when Iím home.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gusd2 View Post
    Itís 25mm and Iím leaning towards M4 screws. Iíll check when Iím home.
    Thanks! I think I see photos of the stock motors using the top two holes which are bigger so I am guessing m4 as well.

Since itís 25mm, I will start with just the motor and esc from the erevo to get a hang of the handling using a small pinion, and starting looking at bigger spacing motor mounts and either tp power or leopard 56 or 58 sized motors.

Thanks again

Thanks! I think I see photos of the stock motors using the top two holes which are bigger so I am guessing m4 as well.

Since itís 25mm, I will start with just the motor and esc from the erevo to get a hang of the handling using a small pinion, and starting looking at bigger spacing motor mounts and either tp power or leopard 56 or 58 sized motors.

Thanks again
    Just checked and definitely M4.

I built a similar rig, started with a partial roller and added my own motor / esc and electronics.

I wasnít looking for speed records, so opted for the 6s capable, HW Max8, with 2200kv motor. Fit great and has allowed for flexibility when choosing motor pinions. Sweat spot seems to be between 18/46 and 24/46.

Tried running 29/46 but it got hot too quickly. Clearly that gearing is better suited for a 1000 to 1600kv motor.

RC Qualifier
    Just checked and definitely M4.

I built a similar rig, started with a partial roller and added my own motor / esc and electronics.

I wasn’t looking for speed records, so opted for the 6s capable, HW Max8, with 2200kv motor. Fit great and has allowed for flexibility when choosing motor pinions. Sweat spot seems to be between 18/46 and 24/46.

Tried running 29/46 but it got hot too quickly. Clearly that gearing is better suited for a 1000 to 1600kv motor.
    Sweet, I appreciate the information you gave.

I was in the middle of cutting up the aero side trays and fitting them onto my road slash when I realized I have so many left over parts that fit the xo-1, including a set of diffs using the 3978 cup, 6882x gears and spiral cut pinion gears, that the second set of plastics I ordered might as well get grouped with the higher end Sl4sh parts to form the basis of an XO1

Like you I am not looking to break any records, at least not yet. . My big goal for the year is saving up for a 1:1 F250 so I need to watch what I spend on the scale toys. Lol. I say that now but now that I checked the bigger motors out and found the xlx esc, yeah, restraint will be hard.

Restraint is impossible!

Looking forward to seeing how you make out.

RC Qualifier
    Restraint is impossible!

Looking forward to seeing how you make out.
    Yeah it’s not looking good. I just ordered a partial kit that doesn’t include the following by design
    -top chassis brace
    -motor mount
    -all electronics
    -body
    -diffs
    -bearing carriers/caster block
    -arms
    -tires

So you know this second one is going to be...rough on my beer baudget. Lol

RC Qualifier
    Well it’s not looking good for my budget folks...I also browse the tekno forum for my ET48 and MT410 stuff, and someone mentioned they run the mamba monster extreme with this 1527 motor that’s 4 inches long with great success, then I read here that the max length motor if you shift the rear battery tray is just about 100mm, so I said...hmmm...

To say it fits just so is an understatement

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

I feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it’s not looking good for my budget folks...I also browse the tekno forum for my ET48 and MT410 stuff, and someone mentioned they run the mamba monster extreme with this 1527 motor that’s 4 inches long with great success, then I read here that the max length motor if you shift the rear battery tray is just about 100mm, so I said...hmmm...

To say it fits just so is an understatement

nice work . ive done similar with my xo . i learned it is best to with the good stuff rather than replace to get there . good luck ......... steve
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-10-2020 at 02:26 AM. Reason: language abuse

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
    nice work . ive done similar with my xo . i learned it is best to with the good stuff rather than replace to get there . good luck ......... steve
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post

I feel your pain.

Wow....pain indeed lol.

parts

Thanks!

Wow....pain indeed lol.

i do have lots of xtra parts if you guys need them (cheap) ................. steve

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
    i do have lots of xtra parts if you guys need them (cheap) ................. steve
    Mines not an XO-1. Thanks though.