RC poster

Newbie questions please help

Hi Everyone,

I want to say hi to the fans and ask for advice. Or may be a link to the topic if already discussed somewhere
    I just bought my 5y son his first real RC car and am more happy than him I guess.
    We really love the TETON as entry level and started to learn how things are done.

I am a little confused my motors for RCs
    First motor lasted like 10 loads of the battery and than broke one of the brushes.
    Second one I purchased, because I was told that warranty does not cover this - no matter what I read in the forums that Traxxas is very good at support. May be because we live in Bulgaria.
    Second one lasted like 4 packs. We are using it exclusively in Training mode because still learning. Only the 4th load of the battery on the second motor I switched to normal mode to show it to a friend and it stopped in 3 mins. Again opened it up and one brush was missing the grphite , the other was broken in half.
    Again was told that warranty of the motor is just if it is working in the beginning when I install it.

So I have to order another one which will be available in 10 days. This is a bit disappointing to be honest.

I was wondering if I can order a motor with replaceable brushes but.... there are so many different so I cannot understand what specs shall I look for.

I do not want a faster toy so far, just more reliable.

So my question is what shall I look for that will work with my ESC and standard included battery
    I see a lot of options but they are so many different things like diameter, threads, KV, etc.
    Can you point at something as a guide? how many T how big diameter of the motor , also I see that shafts that pinion is attached are thicker. Does that mean I have to order a pinion too? Will or what will fit

Thanks in advance!
    Cheerz
    Ivo

RC Racer
    I had a Tamiya 370 Sports Tuned. You will have to try because I don't know how much better it is but so far no issues.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 6.2 met Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for the fast reply RobE
    https://www.banggood.com/53068-RS540...r_warehouse=CN
    Is this the one. Problem is that order from US is like 50 bucks only for the delivery.
    Can you replace the brushes of the Tamiya. I thnik ot this one i cannot.
    How long do you use this motor so far? Is it more reliable than Traxas7575x

RC poster
    Will be back soon, need to have a haircut. After so long isolation at home, I look like Robinson Crusoe hahah

RC poster
    Whatever motor you replace the broken one with, make sure you break it in properly. It sounds like you may not be doing that based on the post-mortem analysis of your motors.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Yes I was thinking of that, it was only a bit tougher to move the pinion than the original I replaced.
    It is same model 7575x, I played a lot until less resistance but still not like the one that came with the TETON
    I saw how it is done with a paper, may be I will try this once I have the spare delivered.
    Or break means to align the brushes to the rotor? I asked in the shop and they said it is no need for 1/18 if I drive it in training mode.
    But I will do it for sure next time. just was thinking if I can put 550 motor inside, I see they have replaceable brushes, which so far is my biggest issue.
    Thanks will do the breaking !
    At least now I have excuse to buy toys before my wife
    I really cant wait, it is so awesome for such a small toy

RC Enthusiast
    The 550 won't fit and if you want to keep the stock ESC you'll have to stick with a brushed motor. There are a lot of cheap brushless/ESC combos but to my knowledge, none just drop in without at least a little bit of modifications and would not be the right direction if you are not wanting to make it faster and keep training mode.

I would just buy a few of the stock motors and try a break in procedure. I didn't break my stock one in and it's still kicking but who knows.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk