Frankenslash's quest for unbreakable

Some might remember my frankenslash, I built it from spare parts laying around awhile back. I'm proud to say that it has done very respectfully as far as reliability goes. The latest showing of this car was the thread "I'm never changing my bearings" or something to that effect. Quick back story: built from spare parts. Wanted a truck to be able to hand the controller to anyone. Little money invested so I dont cringe. Started as a castle mmp 3800kv, currently at a hobbywing max8 castle 1512 1800kv. Ok boring stuff out of the way. Charged up a 3s (max8 wont recognize a 2s) and brought it to the park for my sons friend to thrash on. 15min in my boy says "it's broken ". Cool, let's check it out! Obvious signs of a stripped spur so I find a rock and beat the motor mount until the motor moves down, yeah didn't work. This was monday. Today I start to strip it down and this is what I found! (Pictures). Slipper pads are gone! The aluminum ring is in pieces! Motor mount is shot (granted it was on its last leg prior to installation) and bearing, bearing adapter is shot. Think I'll grab a kings head motor mount with appropriate bearings and adapter, relube gears, pick up a revo spec slipper and call it a day! On to the next week point, ha.... (pictures......)

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Wow! Good thing Frankened stuff don’t die, they just get put back together and keep going!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Put it back together and keep on truckin'! That is an easy fix
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Too true my rc brothers! Frankenslash will live to fight another day. I was intrigued by the breakage though, never had that happen before. I'm going to stop by the old lhs tomorrow and see if the have what I want. She'll be running by next weekend, ready for the next kid to get hooked.

P.s. dont know why the pictures look like they came from a 1990s digital camera, way pixelated

Last edited by cooleocool; 06-06-2020 at 01:28 AM. Reason: merge
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it