RC Racer

New owner need help

I need to buy some batteries for this beast.
    What are you guys using that fit in this thing?

I use smc 9400mha

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I use 2 of these

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    If you are new to electric Rc. Buy some 6700 mah 4s traxxas batteries and a traxxas charger.
    If lipo isn’t new to you then buy whatever and change the connectors on the esc. I run 8000 mah smc lipos.

http://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?...product_id=507

If staying with Traxxas connectors then You want what's called gen 1 Traxxas connector. On the battery The ecs on xmaxx has gen 2 aka iD connector which is reverse compatible with gen 1 on the batteries.

You will only get iD connectors on Traxxas batteries and have to use a Traxxas charger. Or get a adapter cable to charge on non Traxxas chargers if using a iD battery. ID battery have the Ballance port built into the connector.

If you can budget get a good DC/DC charger and ac/dc power supply(or build your own with server power supplies). Good DC chargers can put out 300 to 1000 watts channel. Cheaper chargers are 40watts a channel so means charge time is much longer as charger is limited

Higher the C rating on the battery the more punch and top end speed you will get but they also get more expensive.

Battery also have charge rate difference some are only 1c charge other are 2c. Some are 3c. Smc batteries are 2c.
    So for charging. Battery mha x 2c = max amps to charge at.

So for smc 9400mha at 2c is 18.8amp charge per channel.

I use icharger 406duo charger with a custom built power supply . My smc batteries charge in about 22 to 30 mins from dead. From storage charge about 10 mins. (depending on how balanced the cells are)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    If staying with Traxxas connectors then You want what's called gen 1 Traxxas connector. On the battery The ecs on xmaxx has gen 2 aka iD connector which is reverse compatible with gen 1 on the batteries.

You will only get iD connectors on Traxxas batteries and have to use a Traxxas charger. Or get a adapter cable to charge on non Traxxas chargers if using a iD battery. ID battery have the Ballance port built into the connector.

If you can budget get a good DC/DC charger and ac/dc power supply(or build your own with server power supplies). Good DC chargers can put out 300 to 1000 watts channel. Cheaper chargers are 40watts a channel so means charge time is much longer as charger is limited

Higher the C rating on the battery the more punch and top end speed you will get but they also get more expensive.

Battery also have charge rate difference some are only 1c charge other are 2c. Some are 3c. Smc batteries are 2c.
    So for charging. Battery mha x 2c = max amps to charge at.

So for smc 9400mha at 2c is 18.8amp charge per channel.

I use icharger 406duo charger with a custom built power supply . My smc batteries charge in about 22 to 30 mins from dead. From storage charge about 10 mins. (depending on how balanced the cells are)

bro thats some great info there. I already have an ONYX charger that i use for my 3C lipo for the slash. Hoping that will work for these.
    Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Double G; 06-03-2020 at 07:16 AM. Reason: language

RC Qualifier
    I use ULTIMATE RACING 14,8v 4S 110C 4800mAh.

I have the onxy 245 charger, as what lhs gave me when I bought my erevo2 and returned to hobby, and didn't know enough about chargers. No storage mode charging I could find on it. It would take 85 mins to charge my dead 5000mha 3s. To slow for me, and kept waiting on batteries to charge when out in the feild.

then going to xmaxx 9400mha batteries with xmaxx. So I splurged for the icharger 406dou.