Does body effect performance?

Does the body choice really affect the performance of the car? I'm assuming that at 60-70 mph a more aerodynamic would be slightly better, but would it makes the difference between being slightly below 70mph and breaking 70?

And is it recommended to run without a wing/spoiler? I've got a pretty aggressive gt wing on my current body.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

So I would say that the body would affect the performance only to some degree. If it is a regular sized touring car body, it most likely won't make a lot of difference. If you change from a really bulky and boxy body (a truck body for example) to a sleek racing body, you would probably notice some difference (only noticeable at high speeds). I also have a spoiler on mine, and it doesn't really give any noticeable amount of downforce (using the stock brushed motor). Makes the car look good though. I did a test on it with a leaf blower, and a shock spring (the spring looks compressed but is at about the same compression without the wind):

In the video, you can see that there is a bit of downforce to compress the spring slightly, but not enough to keep it still, so the car bounces up and down.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes, and the aero mods you do affect it as well. I have two bodies, in stock form the fox Mustang sometimes wanted to blow over at 40mph+. To fix that I made a front splitter, a rear undertray (a diffuser I guess), and a Saleen spoiler. It handles fantastic and stays glued to the ground no matter what. I can take it over 50 with no fear.

If I pop on the '05 GT40 body on the same suspension set up for the Mustang it will go fine in a straight line, but there's some pressure zone bowing up the body in the rear. It also likes to spin out more in turns. I did some mods to the GT body, I haven't tested it yet. I need to make a splitter for it as well, I dont want to use the spoiler that came with it. I want to take this body to 70mph.

But your best speed run bodies for every decimal MPH are low, no wing, and the rear cut out for drag.