Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Posts
    15,607

    Sold my X-Maxx. Everything I loved about it.

    Welp had to let her go. Nothing wrong with the truck, just want to go smaller for a while.

    This is the most satisfying rc ever made. Imo of course, but never in 30+years in the hobby have I had a vehicle so easy to work on, so dependable, and took so little to get it handling on rails.

    I've never been so connected to a vehicle while driving. I could feel what it was going to do as it happened. I've never felt so confident driving any fast truck, let alone a 25lb cannonball. WOW, Traxxas nailed it with the 8s version.

    So, so long buddy! I will miss ya!

    My xmaxx truggy setup:

    GEARING... 50/20
    FRONT DIFF...Stock rear diff up ft
    REAR DIFF ... Stock ft diff in back
    CENTER DIFF ... Add about a level teaspoon of 200k oil into the center diff to mix with the 20 million wt oil.
    FT SHOCKS ... 1.4 Springs/45wt oil/8mm internal limiters/TiNi shock shafts
    RR SHOCKS ... 1.5 Springs/55wt or 60wt oil/ 8mm internal limiters/TiNi shafts
    STEERING ... 2085X Servo. Flip the tie rods to change outside steering balls to lower position.
    TIRES ... Stock
    BODY... Reinforced with shoo goo and plastic panels. Still original still solid, don't pop off.

    Duribility mods...
    HR 50t spur
    Losi 20t pinion
    TiNi shock shafts
    Rpm rear carriers and oversize bearings
    Shoogoo the entire cage to the body when reinforcing.


    Thanks Traxxas!


    Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,579
    It's to bad you sold your Xmaxx. I'd never sell my RC vehicles...loose to much money. The trick I use (when I get tired of one of my RC vehicles) is I take a break, and go to something else that's moderately different. Like going from a RC truck to a RC boat, helicopter, or whatever.

    Sometimes, I'll go from RC to a different hobby all together. Like from RC's to dirt bikes, or from RC's to surfing...for example. I find the trick is, to have a well thought out variety of toys and hobbies to go to when a change is needed. (IMO) if a person can do this, then it will keep a person's "fun time" fresh without the need for investing, selling at a loss, and then reinvesting (all over again) in the future.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier FoxhoundEP3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lake Forest, California
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    The trick I use (when I get tired of one of my RC vehicles) is I take a break, and go to something else that's moderately different.
    I’m over here lurking around in these forums reading this after a very long 8 year break....... I swear, I just logged in here for the first time, after 8 years.

    My ... my ... how things have changed, Bluetooth?? Xmaxx???, traxxas Lipo batteries ?? I have a lot of catching up to do...


    I dusted off my RCs this afternoon and besides a few new clips and adjustments, some cleaning and greasing, and a few new batteries I will have all RCs up and running.

    Sounds like we use the same “take a break “ method.

    I feel like I just stepped into the future tho
    Summit.Erevo 1.0.Slash 4x4.Stampede 4x4

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxhoundEP3 View Post
    Sounds like we use the same “take a break “ method.
    Yes, but I was talking about a few months, or so, not 8 years for crying out loud! (lol) I got to say, though, that I quit playing with RC when I got out of college, and didn't get back into it until about 12 years ago. I didn't consider that a break, though, I considered it a (getting married and having other places for my money). (lol)

    There was a lot of technical changes between 1982 and 2008, that's for sure. I think most of the changes in the past 8 years has been mostly improvements, and better prices for those previous changes. I like to see it when a guy gets back into RC again, and I think you'll probably enjoy it even more now. (IMO) hobbies are a good thing. They're great stress relievers, and they're fun too.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-08-2020 at 05:00 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Welp had to let her go. Nothing wrong with the truck, just want to go smaller for a while.

    This is the most satisfying rc ever made. Imo of course, but never in 30+years in the hobby have I had a vehicle so easy to work on, so dependable, and took so little to get it handling on rails.

    I've never been so connected to a vehicle while driving. I could feel what it was going to do as it happened. I've never felt so confident driving any fast truck, let alone a 25lb cannonball. WOW, Traxxas nailed it with the 8s version.

    So, so long buddy! I will miss ya!

    My xmaxx truggy setup:

    GEARING... 50/20
    FRONT DIFF...Stock rear diff up ft
    REAR DIFF ... Stock ft diff in back
    CENTER DIFF ... Add about a level teaspoon of 200k oil into the center diff to mix with the 20 million wt oil.
    FT SHOCKS ... 1.4 Springs/45wt oil/8mm internal limiters/TiNi shock shafts
    RR SHOCKS ... 1.5 Springs/55wt or 60wt oil/ 8mm internal limiters/TiNi shafts
    STEERING ... 2085X Servo. Flip the tie rods to change outside steering balls to lower position.
    TIRES ... Stock
    BODY... Reinforced with shoo goo and plastic panels. Still original still solid, don't pop off.

    Duribility mods...
    HR 50t spur
    Losi 20t pinion
    TiNi shock shafts
    Rpm rear carriers and oversize bearings
    Shoogoo the entire cage to the body when reinforcing.


    Thanks Traxxas!


    Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Sorry to read this mate.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    It's to bad you sold your Xmaxx. I'd never sell my RC vehicles...loose to much money. The trick I use (when I get tired of one of my RC vehicles) is I take a break, and go to something else that's moderately different. Like going from a RC truck to a RC boat, helicopter, or whatever.

    Sometimes, I'll go from RC to a different hobby all together. Like from RC's to dirt bikes, or from RC's to surfing...for example. I find the trick is, to have a well thought out variety of toys and hobbies to go to when a change is needed. (IMO) if a person can do this, then it will keep a person's "fun time" fresh without the need for investing, selling at a loss, and then reinvesting (all over again) in the future.
    Agree with this.

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxhoundEP3 View Post
    I’m over here lurking around in these forums reading this after a very long 8 year break....... I swear, I just logged in here for the first time, after 8 years.

    My ... my ... how things have changed, Bluetooth?? Xmaxx???, traxxas Lipo batteries ?? I have a lot of catching up to do...


    I dusted off my RCs this afternoon and besides a few new clips and adjustments, some cleaning and greasing, and a few new batteries I will have all RCs up and running.

    Sounds like we use the same “take a break “ method.

    I feel like I just stepped into the future tho
    Welcome back mate.

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Van. Island British Columbia
    Posts
    1,125
    You've done alot of R&D and helped alot of people with the Xmaxx and as far as I recall never a bad thing to say about the Xmaxx. I'm sure down the road it will at some point draw you back and in the mean time enjoy what comes next.

  8. #8
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    49

    Talking

    That person sold theirs and I recently added a SECOND XMAXX to the bashing stable . I really like this truck. It's the only RC that I have two of the same.

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmaxx 8s newb View Post
    That person sold theirs and I recently added a SECOND XMAXX to the bashing stable . I really like this truck. It's the only RC that I have two of the same.
    Some come and another leave, enjoy your Monster.

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1
    I know what you mean. I’m experiencing the same ‘awakening’ / realization of the benefits of advancement in technology myself. The lipo batteries today are awesomely powerful. Been out of the hobby for 30 years and am blown away by its’ advancement! Truly amazing. I ordered an X-Maxx yesterday and can’t wait for it to arrive at my local hobby store. Gotta wait two weeks. Bummer. Went into my LHS and asked for the biggest and baddest rc truck... They recommended X-Maxx. X-Maxx it is then. Does it come in blue? Sold! I can only say to all the older guys out there....remember the days when you got out the rc car and it broke every single time you took it out to run? These machines today are near indestructible when compared to what they were when (RC cars) first came out. I’m 52 now and am loving it all over again.



    *Traxxas has a strict language policy. Please keep it clean.
    Last edited by Double G; 06-23-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •