RC poster

New Summit Owner, My First Traxxas

Just registered and wanted to introduce myself. I just ordered my Summit, should be here next week. I've been tinkering with RC's for about 2 years and this is my first personal Traxxas vehicle.

I started with a RedCat Blackout SC, which I've rebuilt about 20 times as it keeps breaking. It's been converted into a brushless "monster SC" with all new drivetrain and electronics.

I bought my 5 year old son a 2wd Stampede for his birthday, which stays in training mode. He loves it, and after seeing how well it was made I jumped on the Traxxas bandwagon.

I decided to go Summit because I mostly run in my yard, with thick deep grass. The Stampede does great, so I figured the Summit will be perfect. There are also a few mountain bike trails near my home which the Summit should be perfect for. Not looking for speed, just a go anywhere vehicle I can enjoy which won't break every 5 minutes in stock form. For the area I run, anything over 20mph is complete overkill.

For speed and racing, I have a Kyosho RB6.6, but I never find time to get to the track.

Looking forward to the conversations here, and will be doing a lot of reading up.

RC Racer
    Welcome to Traxxas forums! Traxxas cars are the way to go. Sounds like you made a good choice with the Summit. Tell us how it goes!