RC poster

DX5C Cant get setup

I ran over my Traxxas transmitter today (don't ask). Bought a DX5C on the way home and I'm getting but butt kicked trying to get it set up.

Attached is my setup. When I turn on the car, push the bind button on the receiver, then turn on the transmitter and set it to bind, everything seems to be ok. It says Binding, DSMR 11MS, Telemetry then restarts. When it restarts the steering activates the motor forward and reverse and the throttle activates the transmission servo.

Additionally, if I turn the car off and then back on, the receives automatically goes into bind mode with the light flashing quickly and the controls no longer work.

Very frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bexline View Post
    I ran over my Traxxas transmitter today (don't ask). Bought a DX5C on the way home and I'm getting but butt kicked trying to get it set up.

Attached is my setup. When I turn on the car, push the bind button on the receiver, then turn on the transmitter and set it to bind, everything seems to be ok. It says Binding, DSMR 11MS, Telemetry then restarts. When it restarts the steering activates the motor forward and reverse and the throttle activates the transmission servo.

Additionally, if I turn the car off and then back on, the receives automatically goes into bind mode with the light flashing quickly and the controls no longer work.

Very frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mate, try to change the servo/throttle channels, and bind again.

Maybe you do any mistake in the binding process:

What RX are you using?

The DX5C comes with a SRS6000 AVC receiver, which does not have a bind button, you should be using the binding plug. Are you trying to bind this radio with the Traxxas receiver? If so, they are not compatible.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    What RX are you using?

The DX5C comes with a SRS6000 AVC receiver, which does not have a bind button, you should be using the binding plug. Are you trying to bind this radio with the Traxxas receiver? If so, they are not compatible.
    I found this out the hard way burnt up two traxxas receivers trying to figure this out lol you live and learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk