RC Competitor

Can I use the traxx kit with my 6x6?

Iíve got an awesome 6x6, however Iím not quite sure if putting the traxx kit on it would work or not. If I were to put front ones on, and the other 2 in the very back and take off the first set of tires, would that be the way to roll? Do any of u guys know?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by XmaxxBasher1200 View Post
    I’ve got an awesome 6x6, however I’m not quite sure if putting the traxx kit on it would work or not. If I were to put front ones on, and the other 2 in the very back and take off the first set of tires, would that be the way to roll? Do any of u guys know?
    Of course, you can, the axles are the same as 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    The picture is not mine**

But I plan on doing it to mine this winter

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Interesting...

It looks like the TRX6 in the picture has been modified, the back axles have been separated a bit to make room for the tracks.

So, in stock form, you cannot run the tracks on the TRX6. If you lengthen the chassis by about an inch and move the back axle (which also requires a longer drive shaft), you can use the tracks.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Interesting...

It looks like the TRX6 in the picture has been modified, the back axles have been separated a bit to make room for the tracks.

So, in stock form, you cannot run the tracks on the TRX6. If you lengthen the chassis by about an inch and move the back axle (which also requires a longer drive shaft), you can use the tracks.
    I know he made it longer to have clearance, as it is 6 wheel steering.
    I will double check with my own which is standard length. I was thinking of putting my 4 Traxx on the rear axles and leave the tires on the steer (I am not willing to buy another set lol)

The Traxxas Tracks won't fit without modding. There is 130mm between the two axles. Not enough room.

I measured the front tracks because they are shorter to show measurements. If you would put two tracks next to each other you would need at least 170mm. You would need to stretch the axle spacing 40mm. You would need some additional spacing for clearance between them.

The rear tracks are about 100mm instead of the 82mm.

Sorry about the picture quality.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 06-04-2020 at 11:33 AM. Reason: added rear measurement

Quote Originally Posted by XmaxxBasher1200 View Post
    I’ve got an awesome 6x6, however I’m not quite sure if putting the traxx kit on it would work or not. If I were to put front ones on, and the other 2 in the very back and take off the first set of tires, would that be the way to roll? Do any of u guys know?
    I don't see why not. It would act like a stretched 4x4.

Quote Originally Posted by B-stinga View Post
    I know he made it longer to have clearance, as it is 6 wheel steering.
    I will double check with my own which is standard length. I was thinking of putting my 4 Traxx on the rear axles and leave the tires on the steer (I am not willing to buy another set lol)

Wouldn't that cause some kind of overdrive or underdrive? I'm not sure about the gearing of the Traxx but I would assume their geared less.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Qualifier
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/3007...5095376599059/

Here is a video he posted on FB. When he posts one with the traxx I will share