RC poster

Plugging the accessory port on the VXL6s?

My new UDR came factory equipped with the LED lighting set up and as cool as they are, I'm not entirely sure I want to run them all the time... Unplugging and removing them is easy enough but it leaves an open port of exposed pins on the ESC. Normally these are covered with a plug but I'm guessing the assembly folks bin this plug after they remove it as they don't include it with the truck. I talked to Traxxas and they don't have it available as an accessory.

Any ideas on how to cover this up? Tape? Leave it open? A piece of cheese? I'm open to suggestions...also if anyone has one lying around

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by b-mack View Post
    My new UDR came factory equipped with the LED lighting set up and as cool as they are, I'm not entirely sure I want to run them all the time... Unplugging and removing them is easy enough but it leaves an open port of exposed pins on the ESC. Normally these are covered with a plug but I'm guessing the assembly folks bin this plug after they remove it as they don't include it with the truck. I talked to Traxxas and they don't have it available as an accessory.

Any ideas on how to cover this up? Tape? Leave it open? A piece of cheese? I'm open to suggestions...also if anyone has one lying around
    Can you show me a pick of where that is on the esc.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I don't have the body off (or the lights at the moment) to snap a pic, but it's just simply the spot where the main wire goes into the ESC from the power amplifier. It's on the right side of the ESC.

RC Competitor
    Thanks, I got the Traxxas Bec and thought it would give the servo 7.4 volts. But it only puts out 6 so it doesn't matter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    And to hijack my own thread....although the basic idea is the same.... If one wanted to say, unplug and not use the front bumper lights but continue to use the rest, is that an issue? Would they need to somehow plug the little port on the power amplifier that's now empty? I'm good with mechanical things but the in's and out's and do's and don't of electrical have me stumped.

RC Competitor

Do you realize thereís a button on the amplifier that controls the lights that can be reached from under the driverís side front fender? Iím reaching for it in this pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC poster
    Iím taking about removing the lighting system entirely, not turning it off. I have an original Fox body that has not been trimmed for the lights and I donít want to change it so the lights would need to go. I also just enjoy cleaning up my vehicles of unnecessary accessories when Iím doing more bashing. Iím really just trying to figure out how to seal up these ports or if itís even necessary.
    Last edited by b-mack; 06-05-2020 at 10:06 AM.

...Iím really just trying to figure out how to seal up these ports or if itís even necessary.
    I don't have a UDR, but my VXL-6s in my Erevo 2.0 doesn't have a cap or plug on the acc. port pins. It came this way from factory and I haven't had any issues. Unless you think your going to pick up something metal and it falls on those pins (highly unlikely) I wouldn't worry about them.

IMO If it really was going to be a problem in any way, there would be plugs or caps available separately.

RC poster
    That’s exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for! Thanks so much, I’ll just not worry about it.

RC Competitor
    Iím taking about removing the lighting system entirely, not turning it off. I have an original Fox body that has not been trimmed for the lights and I donít want to change it so the lights would need to go. I also just enjoy cleaning up my vehicles of unnecessary accessories when Iím doing more bashing. Iím really just trying to figure out how to seal up these ports or if itís even necessary.
    Ah. I get it. I donít remember if I removed an existing plug when I installed my system. But the instructions say I did (Fig. 5 on the installation instructions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC Racer

light kit

Would you think about selling it....the light kit.....lol

RC poster
    I'm keeping it for now...will probably come on and off with different bodies/set ups/time of year...etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
    Would you think about selling it....the light kit.....lol

RC poster
    I'm keeping it for now...will probably come on and off with different bodies/set ups/time of year...etc.
    Can't they be shut off via the Bluetooth link dashboard? I have mine on channel 3 on my 4 channel Tqi radio so i can turn them on/off.