RC poster

Spartan Hatch Mods

Hi all, just signed up to the Traxxas community. I own the Rock n' Roll Spartan bud sadly had a slight mishap on the lake earlier this week. On 6S the Spartan decided to become a plane and take to the skies! In the process of its maiden flight, the hatch detached from the boat and sunk surprisingly, I'd have thought it would float...

I know the Rock n' Roll version was a very limited run so getting a matching replacement hatch is almost impossible and white is my only option. What I'd like to know is what has everyone done to their hatches to hold it in place better and to stop all the water coming in?

On the off chance anyone has a Rock n' Roll hatch, please do let me know!

Thanks,

Will

Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC poster
    They look look like they’re exactly what I need. Are they homemade or is that a kit you bought?

I made them. You can usually get the brass stock from your (LHS). The hardware and nylon posts you can get from a hardware store, and the nylon posts are just cut up nylon bolts.

RC poster
    Thanks. I’ll see if I can come up with something similar. Anything to stop the hatch coming off again. They’re in very short supply too. I haven’t managed to find one in the UK and there is a 10 week lead time to order one ��

I can see, that we're going to have to figure out a way to you out of the UK, and over here where all the cool people live. (lol)