RC Competitor

Question Bad Horsie shock covers

Hey everyone, I ordered some bad Horsie shock covers. They came in the mail and went to install them. They are too long, I double checked and they are the correct ones for my Slash. Can I just cut them to proper length or are they supposed to be like that? I just don't want to cut them and possibly make them fray or something. If anyone has any ideas or experience please let me know. Thanks!

They are suppose to be longer then the springs. You want to install your spring into them and then tuck in the extra at each end. Slide it over your shock and the bottom spring perch and top of the shock collar will hold it all in place snug. Designed like that so the spring stays covered. Otherwise as the spring compresses and rebounds, the shock sock would work its way up or down. I have them on my kids Stampedes both my E Revos and have had them on my Emaxx and Nitro Revos...they are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    They are suppose to be longer then the springs. You want to install your spring into them and then tuck in the extra at each end. Slide it over your shock and the bottom spring perch and top of the shock collar will hold it all in place snug. Designed like that so the spring stays covered. Otherwise as the spring compresses and rebounds, the shock sock would work its way up or down. I have them on my kids Stampedes both my E Revos and have had them on my Emaxx and Nitro Revos...they are awesome!
    +1 this.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Ok. Awesome, thank you! I figured that I was missing something simple! Thanks again!