Thread: What are they

RC poster

What are they

I recently reserved the Discovery RC. Great Precision. I searched the web but can not find any answers on the
    XL5. There are 2 small wires with a red small plugin at the end. What are they for. Thank You Al Cassell

RC poster
    Thatís a power outlet. You can hook it up to a winch or some other accessory like additional lights etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Matooch View Post
    Thatís a power outlet. You can hook it up to a winch or some other accessory like additional lights etc.
    Yup, this is a direct tap off of the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Yea, it provides power to some things without opening your reciever box. Maybe for an aftermarket light system. If you get the Traxxas light kit, it has 2 power leads, 1 will plug up there, the other will plug into an open port on your reciever, so you live have to open reciever box in that case.

RC poster
    I never use that plug. I use a small batt, for all the accessories. I know that it ad's more weight to the car, but for crawling, the extra weight helps, to "lower" the CG, specially, on the TRX 4 DEF...well, more or less.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Funnnyfarm View Post
    I recently reserved the Discovery RC. Great Precision. I searched the web but can not find any answers on the
    XL5. There are 2 small wires with a red small plugin at the end. What are they for. Thank You Al Cassell
    Is a power output, for lights, fans or whatever you want put there.