Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

Motor Heatsinks and Fans

Hello all.

Wanted to ask what people were running for Motor Heatsinks or Motor Heatsink fan combos. I am currently running the Powerhobby Heatsink Fan Combo(https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobb...ge-1.html.html).

Went this route because it felt like the Powerhobby was providing the most coverage on the Motor can in comparison to the other Powerhobby/Hot Racing Style(https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobb...lue.html.html))

Beyond that i don't think I was able to find anything else. Hobbywing had one that fit in diameter but was too long and hit the cabling. I think the issue with either of the above is that they don't offer enough fins to dissipate heat. I am running Thermal Compound as well but it still seems fairly hot. Before jumping to upgrading the motor mount i wanted to see what else may be out there that i am missing out on.

RC Enthusiast
    You can spin the motor on the motor plate so that the wires going to the motor from the ESC are out the way and you can use a dual fan with heat sink for better cooling

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyRustler90 View Post
    You can spin the motor on the motor plate so that the wires going to the motor from the ESC are out the way and you can use a dual fan with heat sink for better cooling
    Thought about that but i couldn't find a good dual fan with heatsink. Which one are your referring to?

RC Champion
    I bought a couple of these for different rigs and they really keep the heat down, you can always upgrade the fans to 30mm yeah racing if you want. I soldered both fans together and then put a Futaba plug on and no issues.
    Check Ebay they have lots and cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Innovateking-...1732092&sr=8-4

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    I bought a couple of these for different rigs and they really keep the heat down, you can always upgrade the fans to 30mm yeah racing if you want. I soldered both fans together and then put a Futaba plug on and no issues.
    Check Ebay they have lots and cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Innovateking-...1732092&sr=8-4
    Hmmm that looks a lot like the Hot Racing or second Power Hobby one I tried to post. Do you have pictures of yours? Again my biggest thing is how much surface area of the motor is it making contact with. You see the heatsinks on lets say a Arrma Granite BLX and it literally ENCASES the motor and has a fan provision. Was hoping there was something that I didn't know of that would work.

RC Champion
    This one is on my Brushed Emaxx with the 21T Traxxas motor with the stock heat sink removed that is app. 42mm. It didn't quite fit so I drilled 2 small holes and zap strapped it around to hold it in place, works like a charm.
    You seriously don't need the heat sink to be that big, this one is 1 3/16 coverage on the motor. If your generating that much heat you need to change your gearing. This Emaxx runs around 120F on 4s and might hit in the 130's if we do 2 sets of packs back to back and this motor is 2 yrs old. Stock gearing is 68 spur and 17 pinion.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aali1011 View Post
    Thought about that but i couldn't find a good dual fan with heatsink. Which one are your referring to?
    I have a integy on my rustler and a hot racing on my stampede. They both work well and motor temps stay below 125 on 80 degree days haven’t had time on super hot days to run them but I’d feel comfortable running a 3s pack on a hot day with them

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyRustler90 View Post
    I have a integy on my rustler and a hot racing on my stampede. They both work well and motor temps stay below 125 on 80 degree days haven’t had time on super hot days to run them but I’d feel comfortable running a 3s pack on a hot day with them
    Thanks for the information and having included the temps that you are seeing will be a great point of reference. I have no experienced Thermal Cutoff yet and I don't want to put the motor to a point where i might do that.

If anybody else has any other suggestions any and all would be appreciated.

RC poster

Powerhobby fan is garbage from amazon!

Hey guys,
    i recently ordered the powerhobby fan from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It not only doesnt look like the one pictured on amazon, it is pretty much pointless. Didnt do anything for me, my Rustler 4x4 vxl still went into thermal overload.

Just made a vido on my channel about this: https://youtu.be/K6mUlBtE3w8

Hello all.

Wanted to ask what people were running for Motor Heatsinks or Motor Heatsink fan combos. I am currently running the Powerhobby Heatsink Fan Combo(https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobb...ge-1.html.html).

Went this route because it felt like the Powerhobby was providing the most coverage on the Motor can in comparison to the other Powerhobby/Hot Racing Style(https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobb...lue.html.html))

Beyond that i don't think I was able to find anything else. Hobbywing had one that fit in diameter but was too long and hit the cabling. I think the issue with either of the above is that they don't offer enough fins to dissipate heat. I am running Thermal Compound as well but it still seems fairly hot. Before jumping to upgrading the motor mount i wanted to see what else may be out there that i am missing out on.

Quote Originally Posted by GReviewz View Post
    ...Didnt do anything for me, my Rustler 4x4 vxl still went into thermal overload...
    A cooling fan on the motor will do nothing for the ESC temps.

Hey guys,
    i recently ordered the powerhobby fan from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It not only doesnt look like the one pictured on amazon, it is pretty much pointless. Didnt do anything for me, my Rustler 4x4 vxl still went into thermal overload.

I've only had my Rustler for two weeks, so it's still 100% stock, but I think overheating would be inevitable running a 17t with Sledgehammers in the grass. Mine went into thermal shutdown on it's maiden run with the Talons and stock gearing(11t?)running 3s. From what I've read on here, a 9t is what most use with those tires.

RC Enthusiast
    I also run my Rustler 4x4 VXL off road and I have installed both the ESC heatsink / fan and a heatsink with a double fan on the motor plus a 10t pinion gear and I still get max 10 min. (usually less) before thermal throttling. I think that Traxxas isn't really honest with the whole situation, the box and instructions imply that you can run a 3s without an issue (instructions suggest 9 or 10 pinion gear for 3s off road) but running off road at least during summer (around 28c ambient) seems to be a no go with a 3s if you don't want to have to stop every 7-8 min. for at least 15 min to let it cool off before going at it again. Now consider that the instructions are made for a car that theoretically speaking does NOT have an ESC and motor heatsink /fan. I have to say that I am really disappointed with the whole situation, I chatted with them through the chat function on the site and the guy I spoke to was really rude, he gave me some answers like "don't you know that if you put extra power on a motor it will produce more heat"? (he meant the 3s by extra power). I had to answer the obvious that I am running a 3s that the car is made to run, using a 10t pinion gear (as suggested by instructions) and even have extra cooling that is NOT a given / prerequisite but he didn't care, he just wanted to finish up the conversation and move on to the next guy. I will try the 9t pinion gear and I have ordered expensive aftermarket faster fans to replace the existing ones but that is the LAST move I have left, if that doesn't prove enough to let me drain a battery without soft or hard thermal cutoff there is nothing left to try . I have to tell you that my feeling after seeing the difference in temps from moving from the 11t which is default to the 10t that I have now is that moving to the 9t will make an incremental difference that isn't going to be enough to solve the problem, lets hope that the improved fans and the 9t can in combination solve the issue but I am not at all optimistic about it, I am just playing my last card so I can say that I did all I could from my side .

PS. I have a few upgrades (all original Traxxas with the exception of the motor heatsink / fan since Traxxas doesn't make one) and I use a Traxxas original 3s LiPo and have NO upgrades that affect motor power / power draw.
    Last edited by Vulgi; 06-14-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgi View Post
    I also run my Rustler 4x4 VXL off road and I have installed both the ESC heatsink / fan and a heatsink with a double fan on the motor plus a 10t pinion gear and I still get max 10m (usually less) before thermal throttling. I think that Traxxas isn't really honest with the whole situation, the box and instructions imply that you can run a 3s without an issue (instructions suggest 9 or 10 pinion gear for 3s off road) but running off road at least during summer (around 28c ambient) seems to be a no go with a 3s if you don't want to have to stop every 7-8 minutes for at least 15 min to let it cool off before going at it again. Now consider that the instructions are made for a car that theoretically speaking does NOT have an ESC and motor heatsink /fan. I have to say that I am really disappointed with the whole situation, I chatted with them through the chat function on the site and the guy I spoke to was really rude, he gave me some answers like "don't you know that if you put extra power on a motor it will produce more heat"? (he meant the 3s by extra power). I had to answer the obvious that I am using a 10t pinion gear (as suggested by instructions) and extra cooling that is NOT a given / prerequisite but he didn't care, he just wanted to finish up the conversation and move on to the next guy. I will try the 9t pinion gear but that is the LAST move I have left, if that isn't enough to let me drain a battery without soft or hard thermal cutoff there is nothing left to try . I have to tell you that my feeling after seeing the difference in temps from moving from the 11t which is default to the 10t that I have now is that moving to the 9t will make an incremental difference that isn't going to be enough to solve the problem, lets hope I am wrong.

PS. I have a few upgrades (all original Traxxas with the exception of the motor heatsink / fan) and I use TRAXXAS original 3s LiPos and have NO upgrades that affect motor power / power draw.
    Mine went into thermal shutdown in about 10 minutes as well. Now, it's just been sitting for two weeks until I figure out which heatsink and fans to buy. I don't want to fry a brushless system that only has one run on it. My Merv can handle 3s with nothing but a heatsink on the motor. I usually run 2s in it tho. It's more than enough power for bashing with the mini..

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by McCreary View Post
    Mine went into thermal shutdown in about 10 minutes as well. Now, it's just been sitting for two weeks until I figure out which heatsink and fans to buy. I don't want to fry a brushless system that only has one run on it. My Merv can handle 3s with nothing but a heatsink on the motor. I usually run 2s in it tho. It's more than enough power for bashing with the mini..
    Lets hope that thermal throttling is properly built (to kick in BEFORE the motor gets damaged) because otherwise it is a given I will damage my motor. I have run my Rustler 5 times so far (I got it a month ago) and it always goes to thermal throttling DESPITE all I have written above that I have done, just after the 1st time that it took me to realize it was thermal throttling and not voltage protection for the battery I don't let it go to stage 2, I let it cool immediately after it goes to stage 1 (50% power cut). From my experience the motor fan / heatsink will improve things but probably won't solve your problem. I use this motor / heatsink btw:

https://www.eurorc.com/product/4344/...ter-fan---blue
    Last edited by Vulgi; 06-14-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Lets hope that thermal throttling is properly built (to kick in BEFORE the motor gets damaged) because otherwise it is a given I will damage my motor. I have run my Rustler 5 times so far (I got it a month ago) and it always goes to thermal throttling DESPITE all I have written above that I have done, just after the 1st time that it took me to realize it was thermal throttling and not voltage protection for the battery I don't let it go to stage 2, I let it cool immediately after it goes to stage 1 (50% power cut). From my experience the motor fan / heatsink will improve things but probably won't solve your problem. I use this motor / heatsink btw:

https://www.eurorc.com/product/4344/...ter-fan---blue
    Thanks for the link. It's seems like everyone is running 3s. There's has to be a way to keep it from going into stage 1 of thermal shutdown. The odd thing is, once it cooled off, I was able to run it for another 20 minutes until the LVC kicked in without any overheating.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the link. It's seems like everyone is running 3s. There's has to be a way to keep it from going into stage 1 of thermal shutdown. The odd thing is, once it cooled off, I was able to run it for another 20 minutes until the LVC kicked in without any overheating.
    I am not getting anything close to that. What is the ambient temperature there if I may ask?

I've been running my Rustler 4x4 VXL, and having put in an ESC fan and motor fan, I've had no issues with thermal shutdown on my 3s Also I live in Phoenix, AZ, so it's not a cold environment. I switched to a 9t pinion simply because I do nothing but off roading, so I don't need speed. Plus I'm going to get some Sledgehammers soon, so the 9t pinion will work better. The car is built to run 2s batteries, but it's possible to run 3s with some mods. It flat out says the car will run 65mph, but not without mods. That's one of the ways Traxxas makes their money, by selling upgrades. Get used to it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I am not getting anything close to that. What is the ambient temperature there if I may ask?
    It was around 80-85 degrees. I tried the self righting feature a few times with no luck. I don't know if that made it overheat or not. After it cooled down, I didn't use the self righting, and it seemed fine.

RC Enthusiast
    The self righting feature will NOT work if you are in soft thermal throttling, you need max 3s power and some luck with the surface the car is on, it works rarely for me with the stock tires but worked every time I used it today with the sledgehammer (1st run with them) because of the extra diameter they have that allow them to produce more angular momentum.
    Last edited by Vulgi; 06-14-2020 at 05:57 PM.

The self righting feature will NOT work if you are in soft thermal throttling, you need max 3s power and some luck with the surface the car is on, it works rarely for me with the stock tires but worked every time I used it today with the sledgehammer (1st run with them) because of the extra diameter they have that allow them to produce more angular momentum.
    It was a fully charged 3s when I tried the self righting. It did work the first try, on grass. No luck after that, even with full power. After that is when it overheated. It's only 70 degrees right now. I may try testing it out again. I hate having a brand new $500 RC(with battery and tax)that I can't use. Seems like a great basher, except for the overheating part.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSDart340 View Post
    I've been running my Rustler 4x4 VXL, and having put in an ESC fan and motor fan, I've had no issues with thermal shutdown on my 3s Also I live in Phoenix, AZ, so it's not a cold environment. I switched to a 9t pinion simply because I do nothing but off roading, so I don't need speed. Plus I'm going to get some Sledgehammers soon, so the 9t pinion will work better. The car is built to run 2s batteries, but it's possible to run 3s with some mods. It flat out says the car will run 65mph, but not without mods. That's one of the ways Traxxas makes their money, by selling upgrades. Get used to it.

Which fans and heatsink are you using?
    I've also read that if the spur/pinion mesh is too tight, it could cause overheating. Do you know if there's any truth to that?

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys,

Hey Man Love the channel! Your channel/videos are part of the reason I went Rustler happy to see you on here. The Speed comparisons was a great video and nailed down setup i have now. Both Hobby Park Fans are BS to be quite honest. They are flawed by design. Just look at the setup Arrma uses on their 3s cars https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310883 LOL it has fins to dissipate the heat and covers the WHOLE motor can. I am no expert but I know that this is giving proper coverage to do the right job. In going through some old threads in the forum it seems like the heatsink you got & the one you wanted were made for the older Rustlers where the motor was in the back. You didn't see the entire motor so what you did see was covered by the heatsink. My guess is that what is on the market is made for the motor but not suitable for our cars' application. See this thread here https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ineon+Heatsink

I found this thread and this is the original Heatsink Fan Combo i wanted to run. https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...a-heatsink-fan I bought it and saw that it wasn't going to fit without modification. But having discovered that thread I linked, now i would be more then willing to try it given it is only 9.99. My other thing would be to use a good quality Thermal Paste. Did that with my current setup and i think it helped but it would or could be doing a lot better if the Heatsink wasn't garbage.
    Last edited by Aali1011; 06-14-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Which fans and heatsink are you using?
    I've also read that if the spur/pinion mesh is too tight, it could cause overheating. Do you know if there's any truth to that?
    I've got the Traxxas ESC fan, and an integy dual motor fan (not the best, but I'm on a serious budget lol). I've even got a chassis cover and it's not hitting thermal shutdown.

I've got the Traxxas ESC fan, and an integy dual motor fan (not the best, but I'm on a serious budget lol). I've even got a chassis cover and it's not hitting thermal shutdown.

That's probably the setup I'm going to try. I just ran a full pack, checking temps every 5 minutes. Air temp was 67. The ESC stayed in the 140-145 degree range, but the motor was 178 degrees.

RC Enthusiast
    Bottom line from what I see from many comments on this and other threads, my initial assessment that the vast majority of these motors have heat issues when ran on 3s and off road is correct. That IMO is inexcusable based on the way the cars are advertised and sold. I feel stupid about it, since I bought this car a month ago but I feel more or less obliged to start looking to sell this motor and ESC and buy better ones, not because I need more power but because I want to get the same power delivered reliably and consistently without having to wait every few minutes for the car to cool off and worry that I will damage it just by running it exactly as advertised from Traxxas.
    Last edited by Vulgi; 06-15-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Bottom line from what I see from many comments on this and other threads, my initial assessment that the vast majority of these motors have heat issues when ran on 3s and off road is correct. That IMO is inexcusable based on the way the cars are advertised and sold. I feel stupid about it, since I bought this car a month ago but I feel more or less obliged to start looking to sell this motor and ESC and buy better ones, not because I need more power but because I want to get the same power delivered reliably and consistently without having to wait every few minutes for the car to cool off and worry that I will damage it just by running it exactly as advertised from Traxxas.
    If you look in the manual, it's says that the truck is geared for 2s batteries, and gives a chart with recommended gearing for 3s... I don't feel like that's false advertising, it's pretty clear how it's set up.

RC Enthusiast
    If you look in the manual, it's says that the truck is geared for 2s batteries, and gives a chart with recommended gearing for 3s... I don't feel like that's false advertising, it's pretty clear how it's set up.

You most probably didn't read my extensive post higher. I DO use the suggested gearing for 3s and not only that, I also use an ESC fan and a motor fan non of which are offered with the truck and in all actuality a motor fan isn't offered at all by Traxxas. Despite all that I can't run my Rustler off road for more than 7-8 min before it goes on thermal protection and from what I have seen from other posts not only on this thread, I am not a unique case, if I was I would just assume that there is something wrong with my motor.

You most probably didn't read my extensive post higher. I DO use the suggested gearing for 3s and not only that, I also use an ESC fan and a motor fan non of which are offered with the truck and in all actuality a motor fan isn't offered at all by Traxxas. Despite all that I can't run my Rustler off road for more than 7-8 min before it goes on thermal protection and from what I have seen from other posts not only on this thread, I am not a unique case, if I was I would just assume that there is something wrong with my motor.
    Yeah there's something else going on. Like I said, I run my car hard in grass in 100*+ heat and don't have a problem. I ran my car for about 25 mins on Sunday before I overheated and had to go inside. The car was running fine and still had battery left.

You most probably didn't read my extensive post higher. I DO use the suggested gearing for 3s...
    You are also using the sledgehammer tires. When bigger tires are installed it puts a higher load on the motor/esc.

Have you tried putting the stock tires back on? The gearing chart in the manual is for stock tires.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    You are also using the sledgehammer tires. When bigger tires are installed it puts a higher load on the motor/esc.

Have you tried putting the stock tires back on? The gearing chart in the manual is for stock tires.
    a) Yes, I have the problem pre Sledgehammer tires but
    b) Lets assume that the problem was BECAUSE of the Sledgehammer tires that Traxxas ADVERTISES as the best off road solution for Rustler 4x4 VXL. Would that make it acceptable? Would it be normal NOT to be able to use 3s Lipo while having on the car original Traxxas tires that Traxxas advertises for the specific car and off road along with Motor Fan, ESC Fan and short gearing? Wouldn't that prove my aforementioned point that Traxxas is false advertising 3s use for the motor under all conditions as long as you use proper gearing?

a) Yes, I have the problem pre Sledgehammer tires but
    b) Lets assume that the problem was BECAUSE of the Sledgehammer tires that Traxxas ADVERTISES as the best off road solution for Rustler 4x4 VXL. Would that make it acceptable? Would it be normal NOT to be able to use 3s Lipo while having on the car original Traxxas tires that Traxxas advertises for the specific car and off road along with Motor Fan, ESC Fan and short gearing? Wouldn't that prove my aforementioned point that Traxxas is false advertising 3s use for the motor under all conditions as long as you use proper gearing?
    No... If you change a component you may need to change another. There's no false advertising happening. Yes the tires fit, but depending on your driving style, outdoor conditions, driving terrain, etc, other adjustments may be necessary. That just the way it is, Traxxas can't anticipate all scenarios. It's up to the user to get their vehicle setup for running conditions.

I'm confused. The manual and this forum talks about gearing and temperatures. And how to lower the gearing to help with heat.
    If the vehicle is overheating with the stock tires on stock gearing, why wouldn't someone try lowering the gearing first? Installing bigger tires is only going to make things worse not better.

The gearing charts are suggestions, not what it should be.

FWIW: Using the self-righting feature creates extra heat in the motor. Constant acceleration and braking also creates heat. Usually when an ESC overheats it's because of too much load and a gearing change helps.

I understand it's frustrating when an RC doesn't perform like we expect. If there is a problem with the way it runs like running "hot" when stock, compounding the issue doesn't help. Do you still have the Dusty motors cover installed?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I'm confused. The manual and this forum talks about gearing and temperatures. And how to lower the gearing to help with heat.
    If the vehicle is overheating with the stock tires on stock gearing, why wouldn't someone try lowering the gearing first? Installing bigger tires is only going to make things worse not better.

The gearing charts are suggestions, not what it should be.

FWIW: Using the self-righting feature creates extra heat in the motor. Constant acceleration and braking also creates heat. Usually when an ESC overheats it's because of too much load and a gearing change helps.

I understand it's frustrating when an RC doesn't perform like we expect. If there is a problem with the way it runs like running "hot" when stock, compounding the issue doesn't help. Do you still have the Dusty motors cover installed?
    If you are referring to me, I do have a Dusty Motors cover which I use on occasion (if there is thick loose gravel for example, the other day I run it on grass I had no reason to use it so I didn't) but my temperatures a min earlier or a minute later will hit the thermal limit even when I do not use it at all.

RC Enthusiast
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

Lets not stray so far away from the topic at hand. @Vulgi I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing such issues and i hope that they get resolved. My goal with this thread is to find a solution to potentially remedy if not make it so that overheating is then not such a huge concern. I am really curious to see if there are any other forum members that have other ideas or solutions to keep temps down. Maybe if we are lucky @GReviewz can post a video of how to modify the hobbywing setup.

RC Enthusiast
    Found this today https://www.amazon.com/Apex-RC-Produ...%2C150&sr=8-11

From the customer photos seems like it is a good fit but i wish it had a Fan

RC Racer
    IMO, this is one of the best HSF designs I've seen for our brushless motors:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016T8ZJL6...language=en_US

It's a pretty good ratio of aluminum mass and surface area, 100% of the fan flow is ducted between cooling fins, the largest fins which have the best passive cooling are the only ones outside of the fan airflow and it still fits nicely in the little space available in Rustler and Slash chassis.

I've been using one for about a year now in conjunction with a Traxxas fan on the ESC and haven't had any overheating issues. I run a Rustler 4x4 VXL with stock gearing, 3S 50C packs and 2.8 Trenchers.

FWIW, the Powerhobby HSF style in the original post at the top looks pretty crappy. Lots of aluminum, but very little surface area to dissipate the heat and the fan looks unnecessarily restricted with that pointless grill.
    Last edited by cgrant26; 06-19-2020 at 11:45 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrant26 View Post

It's a pretty good ratio of aluminum mass and surface area, 100% of the fan flow is ducted between cooling fins, the largest fins which have the best passive cooling are the only ones outside of the fan airflow and it still fits nicely in the little space available in Rustler and Slash chassis.

I've been using one for about a year now in conjunction with a Traxxas fan on the ESC and haven't had any overheating issues. I run a Rustler 4x4 VXL with stock gearing, 3S 50C packs and 2.8 Trenchers.

FWIW, the Powerhobby HSF style in the original post at the top looks pretty crappy. Lots of aluminum, but very little surface area to dissipate the heat and the fan looks unnecessarily restricted with that pointless grill.
    What is HSF? I agree with you that both Powerhobby units are TRASH. I ran the car yesterday and was seeing temps in the 130s-140s on a 3s. I want to say in the past i have seen the car go higher but i can't recall for sure. My friend with his Granite was seeing temps in the 100-110 range. Their cooler has a different diameter than ours others wise i would have ran it.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrant26 View Post

I forgot to ask as well, any chance you have photos of the cooler you are running? I am liking the dual fan one they offer. Just want to see the coverage the motor can it gives.

What is HSF?
    Heat sink fan. Never heard it before but that is what I can deduce based upon the conversation at hand.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Heat sink fan. Never heard it before but that is what I can deduce based upon the conversation at hand.
    You are correct sir... I think. Anywho in my search for a Heatsink and Fan have come to discover that the Arrma ARA310883 may just infact work from the their 3S/4S cars.

Granite Motor Specs:
    Motor Length 60mm / 2.36"
    Diameter 30mm / 1.18"

Kraton 4s Motor Specs:
    Motor Length 68mm / 2.68"
    Diameter 36mm / 1.42"

Velineon 3500 Motor Specs:
    Motor Length 56mm / 2.20"
    Diameter 36mm / 1.41"

My thought is that if the length can be trimmed down of the heatsink then there should be no problem. Well one that I can immediately think of being that of the motor adjustment screw. But if i were to get something small enough head that i could fit like a 4mm or 5mm wrench on we would be in business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast