RC Enthusiast

Need to replace Stampeded 2wd chassis, anything I should know?

It seems pretty straight forward, with screws holding most things in place. One thing I was unsure about is the battery tie-down posts....are they just pressed in there? Can i use pliers to pull them out? Or are they glued? Just want to make sure I don't break anything taking things apart and want to make sure I have all supplies needed to put things back together. Anything else I should watch out for? Thanks!

Traxxas Marshal
    Those posts are threaded, but don't use pliers. As I said in another thread, I believe the supplied tire wrench can work to get those out (or perhaps the posts are too long for the tool, now that I think more about it). Either way, a socket or wrench of the appropriate size is what you want to use to thread/unthread those posts.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    The four way hex nut driver, the one that has the size for wheel nut, has a side that fits the battery hold down posts

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys, came off and put back on new chassis no issue. I did run into a problem though, the 4 holes for the servo unit seem a little too small on the new chassis. I had to work the screws a lot and only managed to get one screw to bite and screw in, the others won't go in. Any ideas? I considered using my drill to make the holes slightly larger, but I don't think they need much and afraid of making them too big.

RC poster
    Try threading the screws in without the servo first. you should be able to get more leverage on the screws. you don't want to drill the holes bigger because you run the risk of them stripping out with a hard impact.

Traxxas Marshal
    Yeah, it's probably just that the plastic is new. Pre-threading the holes like nootch suggested (without the servo installed) should make the process easier.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys, I had tried to get it started without the servo, and still couldn't get it. I tried from the other end knowing it would be threading backwards, and was successful from the other side. So I ended up doing that to open things up. It worked great for 3 out of the 4 holes, but the fourth one screwed in fine, but wouldn't ever get tight at the bottom so I think it stripped. Should be good enough to keep the servo on though.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    If any plastic screw holes in Traxxas plastic strip, just put a drop of ca glue in the hole and put the screw in. The glue will rebuild the threads and let the screws tighten again. You can redo this over and over if needed to rebuild the threads if they strip.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    If any plastic screw holes in Traxxas plastic strip, just put a drop of ca glue in the hole and put the screw in. The glue will rebuild the threads and let the screws tighten again. You can redo this over and over if needed to rebuild the threads if they strip.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Thank you! I'll definitely try that!