Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC poster

Custom body for xo1

Where (or who) can i get a Corvette body for the xo1 custom painted in blue? My dad custom built me a blue aluminum xo1 for my birthday (what a heck of a birthday present!) And i would like a custom body to match.

Traxxas Marshal
    Why not just paint it yourself? Painting a new body is half the fun!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Doing your own XO-1 body is a lot of fun, but if you want a Corvette body for your XO-1 (already done or needing to be done) you want to go to the KillerBody website.

Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC poster
    Where can i purchase one? Also how do i post pictures on here? I would love to show off my XO1.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Doing your own XO-1 body is a lot of fun, but if you want a Corvette body for your XO-1 (already done or needing to be done) you want to go to the KillerBody website.
    I use Imgur myself, but you can use other hosting websites too. The best way to learn how to post pictures is go to YouTube, and watch their videos on how to do it. It's the easiest way to learn.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-11-2020 at 05:05 AM.

RC poster
    Anyone here know where i can get a custom corvette body (in blue) for the xo1? Im unsure where to get one.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-04-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanez View Post
    Anyone here know where i can get a custom corvette body (in blue) for the xo1? I'm unsure where to get one.
    I'll repeat,
    The P/N you want is:48082. It is a clear Corvette GT2 body shell. From there you can paint it any color of your choosing.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-04-2021 at 08:02 PM.

RC poster
    How do you install the lights and stuff that comes with it? Is there a manual?

If you want lights you have to order their body that comes with the light sockets, and you have to order their light kit. I didn't want their light kit (I wanted a simpler and cheaper design), so I went ahead and made my own.

I wanted to be able to switch from my lighted Corvette body to my stocker without having to get in my Rx box every time. I also put the Traxxas audio system in mine.

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 10-03-2020 at 04:39 AM.

have your found a body yet
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

He should get his pop to show him how to paint one up. There's an old saying, "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for the day. Teach a man how to fish and he'll eat for the rest of his life."

RC Qualifier
    When there is a new corvette C8 body, I may just have to give the XO-1 a shake.

Have you found your new body yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    That would be cool. I'd have to get one of those myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post

Have you found your new body yet?
    If you don't already have an X0-1 and want the C8 body, you can save some money and get a 4Tec and a PROTOform body (looks like it would fit):

https://www.racepf.com/touring-car-1...body-190mm.asp

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    If you don't already have an X0-1 and want the C8 body, you can save some money and get a 4Tec and a PROTOform body (looks like it would fit):

https://www.racepf.com/touring-car-1...body-190mm.asp

Have fun!
    The 4 Tec 2.0 is significantly smaller than the X01 (1/10 scale to 1/7 scale), so I don't think it will fit. The body Squeegie posted is only 190mm wide and the X01 is more than 300mm wide.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    The 4 Tec 2.0 is significantly smaller than the X01 (1/10 scale to 1/7 scale), so I don't think it will fit. The body Squeegie posted is only 190mm wide and the X01 is more than 300mm wide.
    Didn't think that ben1272 had an X0-1. That's why I said he could save some money and get a 4Tec and the PROTOform body.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Didn't think that ben1272 had an X0-1. That's why I said he could save some money and get a 4Tec and the PROTOform body.
    Definitely cheaper and easier to build a 100mph 4tec.

It is easier and cheaper to build, but stability could become a potential issue (once it's up to speed). The 4 Tec is a lot lighter and doesn't really have great aerodynamics (bottom of the chassis is flat, but the bottom of the rear of the body creates drag). Of course, it doesn't matter at low speeds, but it really starts to show once the car is 40-50 mph+.

RC poster
    Another (stupid) question: (yeah im not the brightest fella) My XO1's electronics are stock. Can i purchase a spektrum transmitter and use it with the stock reciever/motor/esc? Or no? Thank you!!

You will need a Speky Rx that pairs with the Tx.

RC poster
    ^? Any explanation?

The motor and ESC are fine. If you were to switch to a Spektrum transmitter, you also need a Spektrum receiver (RX means receiver, TX means transmitter), because the Traxxas receiver is not able to bind with a Spektrum transmitter.

RC poster
    https://youtu.be/VgPuejlGSuo

Im terrible at making videos. But heres my custom XO1. Pricey, and a pain in the rear to get those GPM and Hot Racing parts. Just needs a body!!! I could just buy the pre painted corvette body, and install the wing onto the body, right? Or no? (Or maybe the Alfa Romeo 4C body, also will install wing)

Yeah. What a heck of a birthday present.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-04-2021 at 08:04 PM.

https://youtu.be/VgPuejlGSuo

Very nice. Now to answer your question, if you want a body that will fit your XO-1 right out of the box; you want to get a stock XO-1 body. If you get the Corvette body from KillerBody you'll have to trim it for it to fit right on your XO-1. I did a post on how to do it a while back. As far as the KillerBody Alfa Romeo body goes, I never had one, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if you didn't have to fit that one as well.

I was looking at my XO-1 picture file, and I had to trim the front dam area, trim around the wheel wells, and trim the rear end to get that Corvette body to fit right. I also, had to cover a few holes with decals, and move the rear spoiler back.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 01-02-2021 at 05:52 AM.

RC poster
    http://www.killerbodyrc.com/page/pro...x?itemno=48175

How well would that fit? I could just bolt the wing on the body, and add decals right?

RC poster
    Dang it, it isnt in stock. Nor is the Alfa Romeo body.

*Requests such as the one(s) edited out are not allowed here.*
    Last edited by Double G; 01-03-2021 at 12:13 PM.

If you ever get a KillerBody (no matter which one), be prepared to needing to trim it to fit your XO-1.

RC poster
    ^thats the problem lol. I have no clue how to paint/trim a body. I guess i might give this a shot and pray its not trash. I just don't want a poorly painted body on my custom car.

If you think you will mess up, you will always avoid it, and you'll always limit yourself with that. I think a better approach to that is simply to just do it (or at least start going in that direction). If you don't want to mess up on an expensive X01 body, you can get a clear piece of Lexan to practice on it (or a cheap $10 body from eBay or Amazon). Once you are comfortable with that, you can start on the X01 body.

Trimming the body shouldn't be too hard, as long as you know where you should trim.

RC poster
    Aren't the bodys pre trimmed? (The stock clear XO1 bodys) Also, my sister is pretty good at painting, i might get her to help me with this.

Yes, the stock body is pre-trimmed, but most aftermarket options are not.

RC poster
    ^so if i get the stock body, all i have to do is paint/decal it? And bolt the wing on? And ill be set? If so then thats what im going with. (So I dont have to deal with any trimming and drilling and such)

^so if i get the stock body, all i have to do is paint/decal it? And bolt the wing on? And ill be set? If so then thats what im going with. (So I dont have to deal with any trimming and drilling and such)
    Yes, it's precut and the holes are predrilled.

RC poster
    Now, where can I get one at? Im having trouble finding any online. And i need a professional painter to paint the body. Anyone here know where to find one online? (The body)

I don't think there are many currently in stock (and the ones that are go for ridiculous prices). I think the best option is to backorder one from Amain (it says "Expected Thu, Jan 7, 2021", but I am not sure whether it comes back in stock on that date or they ship it on that date): https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...ra6411/p225573

I don't think there are many professional RC painters, so you may need to go to a local hobby shop to get it painted (or you can paint it yourself).

RC poster

Yep, the stock Traxxas bodies fit perfectly...no fuss, no muss. When you get your new Traxxas body, just flip it over, ruff up the inside surface with a piece of Scotch-Brite, clean it after with alcohol, paint, peel off the outer protective cover, and you're done...I'd paint 3 coats. If you want to use truck bed liner after you paint, let the paint set for a couple of days.

RC poster
    ^welp, im going with the stock traxxas body. Just so i dont have to deal with any trimming and drilling. (To me it'll be easier.) Also I hope you all like my XO1 build!! Also your body looks nice! What would you all think about a metallic blue body with white striping? (I'm using decals for the stripes)

For the stripes, you can try using vinyl, as it has a more realistic touch to it (almost the same thing as decals).

Good luck!

What would you all think about a metallic blue body with white striping?
    I think it would look cool. You can't go wrong with blue and white, blue and yellow, green and yellow, black and red, and red and black. Here a black and red.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast