RC poster

stuck in training mode? only 50% power

Just received a brand new EREVO 2.0 purchased directly from the traxxas site. It seems to be stuck in 50% power mode, I switched between all of the mode settings on the esc and all modes have the same performance as the training mode. Brand new 3s traxxas batteries and its slower than my 2wd stampede and no wheelies.

Waiting on a reply from support but wanted to see if anyone has anything I can try in the meantime

Quote Originally Posted by vdb10401 View Post
    Just received a brand new EREVO 2.0 purchased directly from the traxxas site. It seems to be stuck in 50% power mode, I switched between all of the mode settings on the esc and all modes have the same performance as the training mode. Brand new 3s traxxas batteries and its slower than my 2wd stampede and no wheelies.

Waiting on a reply from support but wanted to see if anyone has anything I can try in the meantime
    I'd give trx support a call. Only solution i know of is to get the ecs replaced under warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Just as a sanity check, is it throwing a low voltage detection and going into stage 1 low voltage protection?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by omen View Post
    Just as a sanity check, is it throwing a low voltage detection and going into stage 1 low voltage protection?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    no warnings or errors, i still played with it for a good 30min although it wasn't much fun

Have you gone into race mode? No reverse. Still same power?

Guessing batteries are good?

Happen to have a Bluetooth link module? Or access to one? Might be able to change some settings in there. Or a firmware update (need bt modules) may solve it.

Off change if you near Portland Oregon. I could help.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Have you gone into race mode? No reverse. Still same power?

Guessing batteries are good?

Happen to have a Bluetooth link module? Or access to one? Might be able to change some settings in there. Or a firmware update (need bt modules) may solve it.

Off change if you near Portland Oregon. I could help.

Ill order the bluetooth module, will be good to have anyways. Same power in all modes, batteries good

Ill order the bluetooth module, will be good to have anyways. Same power in all modes, batteries good
    I'd say it's a bad esc. It happens. Call Traxxas for a warranty replacement.

RC poster
    Hobby shop figured bad esc and is replacing it, luckily they had one in stock and Ill be up and running in a few days. Very pleased with my first warranty experience

Hobby shop figured bad esc and is replacing it, luckily they had one in stock and Ill be up and running in a few days. Very pleased with my first warranty experience
    Glad to hear you got it all worked out, hopefully it doesn’t happen again. I’ve been looking to buy an Erevo 2.0, but lurking the forums all I see is problems, So I’m going to wait for a bit.

crossing fingers so traxxas get their act together and fix whatever manufacturing issues they are having.

Keep us posted. Good luck
    Summit.Erevo 1.0.Slash 4x4.Stampede 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by FoxhoundEP3 View Post
    Glad to hear you got it all worked out, hopefully it doesnít happen again. Iíve been looking to buy an Erevo 2.0, but lurking the forums all I see is problems, So Iím going to wait for a bit.

crossing fingers so traxxas get their act together and fix whatever manufacturing issues they are having.

Keep us posted. Good luck
    The funny thing is, very few will post to a forum how amazing something is. 90% of people come here to get help solving an issue. Having said that, yes, traxxas has issues with electronics. As do most companies when you run the highest rated voltage. What I'm more concerned with is driveline. And yes, the 2.0 driveline can and will handle 6s.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Three E Revos between my bro and I. All three are beasts! Yes I had problems with one of mine. But Traxxas sorted it all out. My brother also had to replace a motor and ESC and again Traxxas took care of him. My other E Revo...a beast out of the box w zero issues! As others have stated...many many more out there with no issues then ones w issues. Just pull the trigger and enjoy the hobby! And agreed all of ours on 6s all day...zero issues with that!

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Three E Revos between my bro and I. All three are beasts! Yes I had problems with one of mine. But Traxxas sorted it all out. My brother also had to replace a motor and ESC and again Traxxas took care of him. My other E Revo...a beast out of the box w zero issues! As others have stated...many many more out there with no issues then ones w issues. Just pull the trigger and enjoy the hobby! And agreed all of ours on 6s all day...zero issues with that!

Nice man, I’m glad to hear that. No worries I love the Erevo, I built my 1.0 out a roller, and it’s so hard for me now to part with it or sell it, I spent so much time on it, and it drives awesome, but I want the 2.0... and I’m here debating and trying to find a way to get it and justify the purchase to my wife, since I already have the summit , Erevo 1.0, slash 4x4, , Stampede 4x4 and ken block.

(And I haven’t even gotten to research the xmaxx...)

I’m sure I’m not the only one or wasn’t the only one when this truck first came out.

A year later mine is still going strong. The Erevo 2.0 driveline is awesome! I installed a cooling fan on the motor and it has been a very reliable truck. If there is a bad batch of ESC's that would stink, but Traxxas has always been great with warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    A year later mine is still going strong. The Erevo 2.0 driveline is awesome! I installed a cooling fan on the motor and it has been a very reliable truck. If there is a bad batch of ESC's that would stink, but Traxxas has always been great with warranties.
    I always heard about their warranty being awesome, I had the chance to use it and never did, I snapped my Brand new right-rear cvd steel axle on the Erevo on 5S Lipo, normal bash, no huge jumps or bottoming, the center and the rest of the axles were fine and still are. At first I couldn’t believe it, I put it away back then and meant to call them but unfortunately I went through a personal issue and life went on.

So now I’m running with one plastic axle lol, can’t justify the purchase again, still runs great.

RC poster
    I'm having the exact same issue with my E-Revo that I just purchased directly from Traxxas. It will go into the different modes (training, race, etc) but won't go fast enough to even lift the front tires on pavement. Hopefully my warranty experience will be as good as yours was.

Quote Originally Posted by parabellum View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue with my E-Revo that I just purchased directly from Traxxas. It will go into the different modes (training, race, etc) but won't go fast enough to even lift the front tires on pavement. Hopefully my warranty experience will be as good as yours was.
    And here I thought it was just me I just got my E REVO 2.0 a few days ago from my local hobbie shop and had the same issue I just donít get it when I hold the rc in the air it will go over 50+Mph but when itís on the ground it only tops out at 35mph
    Just not sure what to do next
    C.I. RC

@vdb10401 Did the esc replacment fix your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizz318 View Post
    And here I thought it was just me I just got my E REVO 2.0 a few days ago from my local hobbie shop and had the same issue I just donít get it when I hold the rc in the air it will go over 50+Mph but when itís on the ground it only tops out at 35mph
    Just not sure what to do next
    In another post some have pointed out it could possibly be the center diff not having enough 20mil oil ( Basicly putty ) more so if you tested like you did.

Hey thanks for the advice can you break that down a little bit more not really sure what your trying to say
    So should I check the center diff
    Last edited by Blizz318; 06-20-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    C.I. RC

In another post some have pointed out it could possibly be the center diff not having enough 20mil oil ( Basicly putty ) more so if you tested like you did.

Hey thanks for the advice can you break that down a little bit more not really sure what your trying to say
    So should I check the center diff
    C.I. RC

Inside the transmission there is a differential. It's about the same as the front and rear diffs. But has a aluminum cup vs plastic. Inside of that are some pins and spider gears. And then filled with oil. The oil is 20mil weight The front and rear diffs are filled with 30k weight

Oil needed ( it's more putty than oil due to the high weight)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0734JGYM2..._ZdO7Eb3XTJQG5

How to replace
    https://youtu.be/PoCF1VIAGjU

I think someone with this problem probably needs to check the center diff to know if that is truly the issue people are having or if it is a esc and or motor issue.

This luck person then also gets to learn some good maintenance on the car :-)

Inside the transmission there is a differential. It's about the same as the front and rear diffs. But has a aluminum cup vs plastic. Inside of that are some pins and spider gears. And then filled with oil. The oil is 20mil weight The front and rear diffs are filled with 30k weight

How to replace

OK great I’m gonna check on that now and see if that’s the problem May I ask why you think that is the problem
    Last edited by Blizz318; 06-20-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    C.I. RC

OK great Iím gonna check on that now and see if thatís the problem
    If you don't mind post a picture of the center diff fluid lvl once you got it opened up.

Tapatalk app on phone is best for posting pics.

[QUOTE=Acidic01;6543103]If you don't mind post a picture of the center diff fluid lvl once you got it opened up.

Tapatalk app on phone is best for posting pics.

Ok will do
    C.I. RC

RC poster
    @vdb10401 Did the esc replacment fix your issue.

ESC replacement fixed the problem. Took just 1 day at the hobby shop since they had one in stock.

Running perfect now went through almost 10 battery cycles now

ESC replacement fixed the problem. Took just 1 day at the hobby shop since they had one in stock.

Running perfect now went through almost 10 battery cycles now
    Thanks for reporting back. So does look like it's a esc issue vs not enough fluid in center diff.

How to replace

Hey what’s going on so I Followed the directions in the video and I can clearly feel that there’s enough diff fluid in there was no need to take it apart there was Plenty Plenty of Tension
    C.I. RC

Hey whatís going on so I Followed the directions in the video and I can clearly feel that thereís enough diff fluid in there was no need to take it apart there was Plenty Plenty of Tension
    Probably esc then. Call Traxxas in morning to get warranty going. Should only have to send in esc....

Probably esc then. Call Traxxas in morning to get warranty going. Should only have to send in esc....

Yeh I will be doing that also I noted today that my lipos are swollen like a lot more one then the other so gonna be sending the lipos back as well
    C.I. RC

Yeh I will be doing that also I noted today that my lipos are swollen like a lot more one then the other so gonna be sending the lipos back as well
    That's lame. Hope you get it all resolved fast.

Traxxas finally reached out to me they sending me both new ESC AND LIPOS gotta love that Traxxas warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    C.I. RC

Quick update I donít know was up with Traxxas lately but gotta send the new esc back they sent me a broken one line this is just crazy hereís a pic

C.I. RC

Lame. I'm sorry your dealing with this. I hope once everything is corrected your having fun.

Lame. I'm sorry your dealing with this. I hope once everything is corrected your having fun.

Just got off the phone with Traxxas. They want me to send pictures not sure what the pictures are gonna do I thought they would just have me send it back now I gotta wait even longer was trying to have it sent out already now just gotta see how long itís gonna take them to get back to me smh they said to wait tell email me with the next steps

C.I. RC