RC poster

XO-1 tire choices

Hey my name is Donald I live in the Cayman Islands. I have recently purchase a XO-1 that I have been using for drag and high speed runs but I notice the stock tires donít do very well on asphalt roads. I was wondering if there is and good replacement tires anyone would recommend?

If you do some searches in this forum, you'll see several post on how guys found, installed, and used 1/5 scale wheels with their XO-1's. I personally, like the factory wheels, and have never seen an aftermarket set that I liked better...and, that you didn't have to do some serious modifications to your XO-1 to get them to fit.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC poster
    Ok brother thanks. I just noticed that when trying to drag and high speed runs it tends to spin out a lot in asphalt

Iíve used GRP 1/8 scale wheels and tires. Good for asphalt, especially the S3 or S5 treaded versions. They take a 17mm hex hub but are a bit shorter than stock (98mm vs 110mm).

Quality, durability and traction are very good and no modifications required.

Hobby Heroes sell them and not sure if they ship to the Caymans.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Planb345 View Post
    Ok brother thanks. I just noticed that when trying to drag and high speed runs it tends to spin out a lot in asphalt
    Heat the tires up first
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Quote Originally Posted by gusd2 View Post
    Iíve used GRP 1/8 scale wheels and tires. Good for asphalt, especially the S3 or S5 treaded versions. They take a 17mm hex hub but are a bit shorter than stock (98mm vs 110mm).

Quality, durability and traction are very good and no modifications required.

Hobby Heroes sell them and not sure if they ship to the Caymans.

** if they dont ship , i will for you . let me know ................. steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE