RC poster

E Revo 2.0 differential options

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew if on a e Revo 2.0 you could put the v1 erevo diffs in it? I heard you could put the 2.0 diffs in a v1 but I didnít know if you could do it the other away around. I have gone through 3 2.0 diffs and the rear is grenaded again and was wondering if you could do that and put the spiral gears or something in it to be more durable.
    Thanks

As far as I know, you cannot put the v2 diffs in the 1.0 and the 1.0 diffs in the 2.0. The 2.0 diffs are far more robust than the 1.0's could ever be.

You must be landing on power a lot, or using the self righting a lot.

Been running my 2.0 with trencher 3.8 tires on 6S for about a year and zero diff issues. I did change the bearings early on as I got mine used, but otherwise, no diff issues. I'm not easy on my trucks at all either.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC poster
    Is there any upgrades you could do? I don’t use self righting and try not to land on the throttle as much as I can.

What are you doing when they break? I've done the Losi diff mod and these 2.0 diffs put those to shame. I don't know of any upgrade other than different bearings. They do hold up that well.

If your going through that many, there is probably another issue. I would look at your bulkheads, check for any cracks or stripped out holes.

RC poster
    I will, and also is there a bearing kit that you guys would recommend? They should have been changed out a while ago I just never got to it. And I also didn’t know which brand to go with.

RC poster
    And also would shimming them help?

RC Champion
    If you have been through three diffs, then I would say that the most likely culprit is your driving style. When you drive, see how many times full throttle meets resistance (landing jumps, take-offs, pizza-cutter diffed-out tires coming back down to the ground, etc...). No amount of upgrades will stop eventual damage from those repeated events, especially on 6s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by j_naeger3 View Post
    ..I also didnít know which brand to go with.

And also would shimming them help?
    I use either Avid bearings or Boca bearings. I have had good luck with both.

And shimming never hurts, it would only help.

RC poster
    Ok thanks, any other advise? Or on upgrades to get for the truck?

RC poster
    And this is for the e Revo 2.0 correct?

https://www.bocabearings.com/product...C%20OFF%20ROAD

And this is for the e Revo 2.0 correct?

https://www.bocabearings.com/product...C%20OFF%20ROAD
    Nope. That's for the V1 erevo. I don't think Boca has a kit put together for the 2.0 yet. Avid does. Avid lets you customize their kits.

FWIW I get individual bearings instead of kits. This way I can get what type of bearing I want and for where it is used.
    To install new bearings in one (f/r) differential all that is needed is:
    (1) 6x13x5mm
    (1) 8x16x5mm
    (1) 12x18x4mm
    (1) 12x21x5mm

RC poster
    Oh ok thanks, and would you recommend any other upgrades for it, it has been seeming to break a lot

Oh ok thanks, and would you recommend any other upgrades for it, it has been seeming to break a lot
    Do you have any screws that are stripped that hold the diff caps on the bulkheads? If any of those are weak/stripped, it will allow the diff ring/pinion mesh to separate under load.

Are you damaging the ring/pinion or the internal spider/sun gears or both?
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC poster
    None of the screws are loose or stripped.and I am breaking the ring/pinion in the rear and the output gears on the front are going out. The output gears aren’t broken just worn down from use.