RC poster

Erevo 2.0 going slow

I took my erevo out for the first time today and it is going slow. Compared to my rustler vxl it's a slug. It won't even pop wheelies on the pavement. my link app said it was only doing 35 mph. I reprogrammed it and made sure it was not in training mode, also it is on 6s. What else should I try, or do I have a bad esc or motor.

Have you use link app to do all updates? I'm guessing so since it kinda forces you to on tx. But perhaps not for the ecs.

Have you tried putting it into training mode? Run it then put it back?

What batteries do you have? Can I try different brand?

Someone else posted about same issue a week ago or so. Not sure what their fix was.

If you have done the 3 things above and still issues. Call Traxxas. May be a bad batch of esc / motors.

Stockish my link app tells me about 45mph on pavement.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I did cycle it through the modes several times. In training mode it did 28mph compared to the 35mph in sport mode. I have the Traxxas 5000 mah 3s battieries. Well I'll call traxxas tomorrow and if there is a answer that fixes it I will post it.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrcook772 View Post
    I did cycle it through the modes several times. In training mode it did 28mph compared to the 35mph in sport mode. I have the Traxxas 5000 mah 3s battieries. Well I'll call traxxas tomorrow and if there is a answer that fixes it I will post it.
    same issue here I posted a week ago, going to local hobby shop tomorrow to let them sort it out. Probably a bad batch

RC poster
    I wish I had a local hobby shop to go to. I'll have to wait for traxxas to ship whatever is supposed to fix it to me. Does anybody know if they wait to get the broken part back before they ship. Or do they just ship the part right away.

what’s going on with the Erevo?, is it just me or all I see is issues?....

I came back to the hobby last week, been lurking the forums and Super excited reading about the new trucks (xmaxx, erevo 2.0, Maxx etc)
    I have an Erevo 1.0 that’s currently waiting for a new motor mount, I thought about buying a new 2.0 or getting a roller and selling my 1.0 but threads like these just make wanna keep my 1.0 and save my money, seriously, is it really that many issues?

C’mon, man. You’ve been here long enough to know to watch the language. Doing so going forward would be appreciated. Thanks! -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-15-2020 at 07:44 AM.
    Summit.Erevo 1.0.Slash 4x4.Stampede 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by FoxhoundEP3 View Post
    what’s going on with the Erevo?, is it just me or all I see is issues?....

I came back to the hobby last week, been lurking the forums and Super excited reading about the new trucks (xmaxx, erevo 2.0, Maxx etc)
    I have an Erevo 1.0 that’s currently waiting for a new motor mount, I thought about buying a new 2.0 or getting a roller and selling my 1.0 but threads like these just make wanna keep my 1.0 and save my money, seriously, is it really that many issues?
    Well one of the things is that most people only post when they are having issues. So unless people are posting up questions or showing what they are doing. Most People don't go to post about the great bash session they had. So over all it makes it look like things are more negatively biased than they really are..

So 2 people reported slow ecs issues. In last week or 2. How many bought in same time period world wide. 10? 100? 1000? We don't know. So hard to calculate true fail rates.

Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-15-2020 at 07:44 AM.

RC poster
    Just bought mine today and it’s doing the same thing as yours does, super bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Well one of the things is that most people only post when they are having issues. So unless people are posting up questions or showing what they are doing. Most People don't go to post about the great bash session they had. So over all it makes it look like things are more negatively biased than they really are..

So 2 people reported slow ecs issues. In last week or 2. How many bought in same time period world wide. 10? 100? 1000? We don't know. So hard to calculate true fail rates.

Believe I know about good to bad ratio, but itís the same issues over and over, specially with brand new trucks, I could also say that there are tons of consumers that dont report it because they donít use the forumS, so they just take it to the LHS.

Iím probably still going to end up with one... you know, I love the Erevo line. (I ran my 1.0 today for the first time in 10 years, I was waiting for parts. I felt like a kid again, that truck always makes me smile)

Still debating how to get one and validate my purchase, but as a consumer, it would really suck to be this excited and end up with a broken truck. I hope itís manufacturing issues or bad batches Į\_(ツ)_/Į. Keep Calling traxxas guys

Quote Originally Posted by Valleyrcbasher View Post
    Just bought mine today and itís doing the same thing as yours does, super bummed.
    Dude, Iím sorry to hear that, call traxxas, make them aware, keep us posted
    Summit.Erevo 1.0.Slash 4x4.Stampede 4x4