RC poster

Heating and fans for motor and esc

Hey all. Just picked up a K5. Its so pretty. Would it be smart to put a heat and fans on the esc and motor. I know Hot Racong has one for the esc. Just seeong what yall think.

RC Qualifier
    I am running Hobbywing 550 combo and I removed the fan on ESC.
    The plug was too short to reach the receiver.
    I could plug it in the light module, but that only emits 3V and the fan requires 6V so removing it was the simplest solution.
    No issues so far and I ran it a good 1.5 hours straight the other day.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

For most crawling and trailing applications, the stop ESC and motor don't heat up much, and a fan to keep it cool isn't necessary. If your ESC and Motor is running pretty warm, sure put some on, but usually, they aren't needed on a TRX4
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC poster
    I agree.
    I have 2 TRX 4 a 1 TRX6, with no complaints so far.
    I would like to have more bodies for the TRX6. It deserves !!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRayRC View Post
    Hey all. Just picked up a K5. Its so pretty. Would it be smart to put a heat and fans on the esc and motor. I know Hot Racong has one for the esc. Just seeong what yall think.
    Of course mate, is better to run fresh always.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by B-stinga View Post
    I am running Hobbywing 550 combo and I removed the fan on ESC.
    Seconded.

I'm running a Hobbywing AXE 550/3300 combo and the fan is connected to the lighting module (and it runs, no problem). The thing is, I don't think it's really useful, in the sense that, even after a 2.5 hour trail run with lots of chasing my son around, neither the ESC nor the motor go beyond warm at most.

Thus, I don't really see the point of cooling the ESC at all given the way I use my TRX-4.

On the other hand, Hobbywing added a fan to the setup, so maybe it's helpful, just not for crawlers. I'm leaving mine on and running, as we're entering the hot months, but I honestly don't think it makes any difference.

Hope this helps.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dfmz View Post
    Seconded.

I'm running a Hobbywing AXE 550/3300 combo and the fan is connected to the lighting module (and it runs, no problem). The thing is, I don't think it's really useful, in the sense that, even after a 2.5 hour trail run with lots of chasing my son around, neither the ESC nor the motor go beyond warm at most.

Thus, I don't really see the point of cooling the ESC at all given the way I use my TRX-4.

On the other hand, Hobbywing added a fan to the setup, so maybe it's helpful, just not for crawlers. I'm leaving mine on and running, as we're entering the hot months, but I honestly don't think it makes any difference.

Hope this helps.
    Well you answered my question at least
    I will put mine back on since you say it works on light module
    These days weathers pretty hot so might as well use it.
    Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk