Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    The pro2 bumper is a good one, the other two I can think of is the rpm rustler bumper and the t bone rustler bumper.
    Yeah, those are both good options. I almost went with the T-Bone bumper, but only opted for the Pro-Line since it matched the Pro2 MT front bumper I put on a while ago.
    Knowledge gained is lost forever if not passed on.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTigerDad View Post
    Yeah, those are both good options. I almost went with the T-Bone bumper, but only opted for the Pro-Line since it matched the Pro2 MT front bumper I put on a while ago.
    Yeah I agree, if I was lucky enough to have the chassis you have I would choose the original bumper too. I have a couple of spare fast lane rustler chassis around but they don’t have the “it” factor the Pro2 MT has.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 01-20-2021 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTigerDad View Post
    Hey Synnergy, good to hear from you. How have you and the family been? Thanks on the comments... I have been using this truck quite a bit, since not being able to make it to the track much these days, so I keep making little tweaks to it here or there. No wheelies for this truck - while that looks kinda cool, it's not something I really wanted for this truck. So, I have it set up with a soft enough rear suspension (2.60lb rate rear springs), and a loose enough slipper to deliberately prevent that. After about a foot of clutch slippage, this thing just squats and takes off to an insane top speed. Hope all is well, and keep in touch.
    Hello FTD! It sounds like you have that rig dialed. It really is a rare build with all the aftermarket parts you have on it. Hopefully you will never dismantle it!! But...I'm sure if you look at it long enough you may find a few things you want to change/improve.

Thanks for asking about my family, we are doing well. We have been planning a big change! I sold my business and am working on getting the home ready to sell so we can move up to the NE oregon area. There's almost TOO many things to do...selling things, fixing stuff, yard-work etc etc.

Regarding RC stuff...I ended up building a few Schumacher KCs...and I built another Stampede 2wd. I haven't been posting much or playing much...but I'm not out of the game yet. I still check in a few times/week here on the forum to see what is happening. I'm glad to hear you are still rocking!

TTYL!
    MTFBWY

Well, you certainly have a lot on your plate these days. I hope your relocation goes well - moving is always such a pain, even if its an improvement, there's just always so much to do. I hope you get a chance to relax & enjoy some RC time when it's all said and done, though.

So in another thread I mentioned that I helped a friend out getting set up with a nice Rustler VXL for him & his son to run. I donated a bunch of spare upgrade parts that I wasn't using anymore, and fixed some of the weak points of this truck. Ultimately, his vision was to turn his Rustler into something that looked & performed like this truck - the Monster Rustler. Here are a couple of shots of that truck when I returned it to him with the upgrades.

In the meantime, he's been saving up for, and getting some of the things he wants to make it a Monster Rustler too - i.e., monster truck 2.8" wheel/tires, body & mounts, etc. He ordered himself some Pro-Line Primes 2.8 on the new Raid wheels - something I suggested for the street running he said he wanted to do, and that I mentioned I wanted to get for my truck as well. Much to my surprise, he order a second set to give to me as a thank you for all of the things I did to his truck, and all of the help and advice I've given him. Naturally, after receiving them I had to put them on right away and see how they looked/worked on the truck. So, here they are, ready to tear up some asphalt...

While I did the swap from the Pro-Line Mashers that were on the truck, I also changed the pinion from a 20T to a 21T, since these Primes are about a 1/2" smaller in overall diameter. Which, by the way, I have not had any heat issues, or driveline damage problems running the Mashers (4.9" overall diameter) with gearing at 20/83, and an FLM sealed diff (stock planetary gears) installed in an RPM trans case, hooked to stock sliding axels with steel output yolks. At least not with the powerful 2S racing shorty LiPo's that I use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12