Thread: Batteries?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Batteries?

Been out the RC game awhile so i wonder what batteries are you guys running in your X-Maxx nowadays? Last time i bought a set of batteries they were from SPC racing and they are out of business. Besides the traxxas 3s 5000mah batteries, what are other some other batteries that has a traxxas connector installed that i can buy? 5000mah and up. Links are appreciated.
    We are all one race. The human race.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Been out the RC game awhile so i wonder what batteries are you guys running in your X-Maxx nowadays? Last time i bought a set of batteries they were from SPC racing and they are out of business. Besides the traxxas 3s 5000mah batteries, what are other some other batteries that has a traxxas connector installed that i can buy? 5000mah and up. Links are appreciated.
    Smc racing is place to go

4s 7200mha 75c
    https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...product_id=558

These are out of stock..
    4s 9400mha. 75c
    https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...product_id=507

4a 9700mha 125c. - new
    https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php...product_id=585

I have the 9400 and very happy with my 4 batteries. 125c would be awesome to try out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I never used spc but those that have had said smc is comparable in quality. Have been impressed with them for my 3 cars I have smc batteries for.

RC Champion
    Search 4s 5000mah+ 50c traxxas plug lipo on eBay
    fabricator

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks for the links Acidic, and @crazyxmaxx, i'm not sure i want to do that because some of those lipos are cheap brands with low quality lipos right?
    We are all one race. The human race.

SMC batteries are a very good quality battery. I think they are as good if not better than what SPC was.

I've only dealt with 4 brands. Lectron pro, venom , smc, gen ace
    Venoms on my mer work decent no where the power from the smc. I've had issues with my lectron pro and all 4 are now dead / poofed

Smc has always performed best for me

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I've only dealt with 4 brands; Lectron Pro, Venom, SMC, and "Unmentionables."
    Venoms on my MER work decent. No where the power from the SMC. I've had issues with my lectron pro and all 4 are now dead / poofed. SMC has always performed best for me.
    I've use all the batteries Mr. Acidic has, plus Traxxas and Vant. Traxxas batteries are very solid, but are very expensive for what you get. Out of the batteries that Acidic mentions, I've had the best luck with Lectron and the Unmentionables. The Unmentionables are the cheapest, work good, but come in odd sizes. And, out of all the batteries I've tried, I like the price and the performance of my Vants the best.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-20-2020 at 04:47 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.