RC poster

Will not self right or wheelie HELP!

Just go my Erevo 2.0 3 days ago and I'm running 6s and it will top out at 37mph and will not self right on flat hard surfaces and will not wheelie. I made sure it was not on training mode and I reset the TQi transmitter. All videos show this car popping wheelies and going amazing speeds with 6s, mine feels like it is on 2s or 3s. Please help.

I'm sorry. Seems to be a bad batch of esc. Call Traxxas or your lhs to get a warranty replacement.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thank you for your response. I called Traxxas and they want me to ship the motor and ESC to them.

Yeah unfortunately that's what ya gotta do. Unless you want to change esc..

Take pinion off motor just Incase they send you one without.

Something happened in the quality control / manufacturing on the latest batch.

I'd put it on esc issue... vs motor...

Could also be your center diff being low on the goo. I got mine used and it was unloading to the front tires really bad, would hardly wheelie and was hard to do backflips (with strapped tires). So I pulled the trans and got the center "diff" apart, cleaned and packed full with new 20M and it was better. I didn't put enough in, so I took it back apart, and heated the cup with a torch to warm the 20M enough so it would settle in the gears well and put more in. Now it's pretty good at sending power to the rear.

With yours being new, they may have not put enough in the center, but it's pretty easy to see if your front tires are ballooning a lot when you get on the the throttle hard.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Could also be your center diff being low on the goo. I got mine used and it was unloading to the front tires really bad, would hardly wheelie and was hard to do backflips (with strapped tires). So I pulled the trans and got the center "diff" apart, cleaned and packed full with new 20M and it was better. I didn't put enough in, so I took it back apart, and heated the cup with a torch to warm the 20M enough so it would settle in the gears well and put more in. Now it's pretty good at sending power to the rear.

With yours being new, they may have not put enough in the center, but it's pretty easy to see if your front tires are ballooning a lot when you get on the the throttle hard.
    This is a very valid point. Checking to make sure you also have tire ballooning at wide open throttle.

Know one of the others with this issue was solved by new esc from lhs.

The correct amount of putty not being put in for multiple cars I think % is lower than bad esc electronics. But who knows perhaps it a new guy on the assembly line.

I wonder if center diff oil is put in via machine or human. I bet it's heated up to flow. And machined into diff.

I don't think the center diff would keep the Revo from actual top speed. It would affect the take off and wheelie power. If it was unloading you could accelerate slower and still reach top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I don't think the center diff would keep the Revo from actual top speed. It would affect the take off and wheelie power. If it was unloading you could accelerate slower and still reach top speed.
    Yeah, would just take longer to get to top speed and feel slower.

@ olds97:FWIW I don't know if you realize that the stock ERevo 2.0 electronics (VXL-6s) have built in telemetry. If you use the Link app without the additional GPS unit the app gives calculated speed. You could hold the ERevo in the air, give it throttle and the dashboard would show the MPH increase. Also shows motor RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    @ olds97:FWIW I don't know if you realize that the stock ERevo 2.0 electronics (VXL-6s) have built in telemetry. If you use the Link app without the additional GPS unit the app gives calculated speed. You could hold the ERevo in the air, give it throttle and the dashboard would show the MPH increase. Also shows motor RPM.
    Thanks for the info. No I didn't realize it had that out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Thanks for the info. No I didn't realize it had that out of the box.
    I just happen to remember you saying you built your E-Revo 2.0 (purchased roller) and used the electronics you had. I doesn't have motor temp, that's an accessory. LoL

I never had telemetry and I was messing around with it. I don't have the GPS module and I was working on my truck (on a stand), I noticed that with the motor swung out of the way the dashboard MPH was moving. I'm actually impressed with the Traxxas link features.