RC Enthusiast

TRA6533 receiver problem

Good afternoon,
    tra6533 receiver with problem
    Manual: Fail-Safe / Low Voltage Detect Note: Consistent Low Voltage in the receiver triggers Fail-Safe so there is enough power to center the throttle servo before it completely loses power.

I tried: 2 ESC, 2 BEC castle 10a, 4 lipo battery (2-4S), 2 servo - working.
    nothing changed
    the receiver connects to the phone, updated, the servo is working, but it quickly flashes red
    People what to do? HHHHEEEEELLLLPPPP

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzzz View Post
    Good afternoon,
    tra6533 receiver with problem
    Manual: Fail-Safe / Low Voltage Detect Note: Consistent Low Voltage in the receiver triggers Fail-Safe so there is enough power to center the throttle servo before it completely loses power.

I tried: 2 ESC, 2 BEC castle 10a, 4 lipo battery (2-4S), 2 servo - working.
    nothing changed
    the receiver connects to the phone, updated, the servo is working, but it quickly flashes red
    People what to do? HHHHEEEEELLLLPPPP

¿The throttle works?

RC Champion
    Try and reset your tx first.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-qcJUVCc5o&t=39s

Now try to rebind your rx and tx.
    https://traxxas.com/support/video#/?...Id=0&videoId=3

Then recalibrate your esc.
    https://traxxas.com/support/video#/?...Id=0&videoId=2

I hope this gets you going.

That's what I would try also. Reset then rebind.
    Was it working before you updated?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    That's what I would try also. Reset then rebind.
    Was it working before you updated?
    rx worked like this before the update
    I have several rx and tx, the problem is with this receiver.
    I connected it to another TX, same problem.
    Last edited by Nimitzzz; 06-20-2020 at 11:05 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Try and reset your tx first.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-qcJUVCc5o&t=39s

Now try to rebind your rx and tx.
    https://traxxas.com/support/video#/?...Id=0&videoId=3

Then recalibrate your esc.
    https://traxxas.com/support/video#/?...Id=0&videoId=2

I hope this gets you going.
    I tried everything
    without changes

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    ¿The throttle works?
    yes, throttle works

RC Champion
    Then it sounds like you found the problem which is a faulty rx, just replace it and move on.

RC Enthusiast
    Then it sounds like you found the problem which is a faulty rx, just replace it and move on.
    ))))))
    Thanks for the advice, I'll still torment him.

RC Champion
    Hhhmmm I'm curious I just noticed on your screen you have About,Support Website,Updates,Preferences and what is the 5th one under your thumb that doesn't exist on mine???

You should also try toggling between your 50/50 and 70/30 just incase it's been bumped and not quite set where it needs to be, doesn't hurt to try lol.

This is really old but maybe you got moisture in it, open it up and try and blow dry it and see if that helps.
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...onnect-with-TX
    Last edited by Rain Dawg; 06-20-2020 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Add

Hhhmmm I'm curious I just noticed on your screen you have About,Support Website,Updates,Preferences and what is the 5th one under your thumb that doesn't exist on mine???
    That would be the "Store Finder" Rain Dawg.

Also @ Nimitzzz

If a Telemetry Sensor wire for motor thermal protection was connected to the receiver before, it needs connected during bench testing as well. I kept getting the rapid flashing red light as well and it took me forever to figure out that I had to have the Telemetry plugged into the receiver even during bench testing.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    That would be the "Store Finder"...
    Mine doesn't have that either.

If a Telemetry Sensor wire for motor thermal protection was connected to the receiver before, it needs connected during bench testing as well. I kept getting the rapid flashing red light as well and it took me forever to figure out that I had to have the Telemetry plugged into the receiver even during bench testing.
    I keep forgetting about that temp sensor.
    @ Flux: Nice catch with that X-Maxx servo in the video.

I keep forgetting about that temp sensor.
    @ Flux: Nice catch with that X-Maxx servo in the video.
    The reason I caught it, is because when I got my X-Maxx, the first thing I did was unplug the V/T sensor wire and the receiver threw a fast flashing red light when it wasn't plugged in. Furthermore, the Tx wouldn't even rebind to the Rx after updating unless the motor temperature wire sensor was plugged in.

There is nothing like finding out first hand. Easily overlooked that would drive me crazy trying to figure out too.

There is nothing like finding out first hand. Easily overlooked that would drive me crazy trying to figure out too.
    It may or may not be his problem though, because since I couldn't rebind until I figured it out; I don't recall if I still had steering or motor function when telemetry wasn't plugged in.

You're right though, it drove me mad because I was completely dumbfounded when I had all the parts on the bench like he did and couldn't make it work. Put all the stuff back in the vehicle and it would work. I was like "What did I miss?" Then it hit me; I didn't have anything plugged into the V/T slot on the bench and when I put all the stuff back on the vehicle, it worked because the motor temperature wire was plugged back in.

I didn't catch it the first three times and then my fourth attempt I made a mental note of everything that was plugged into the receiver on and off the bench and kicked myself for not catching the simple mistake. Of course, you have to remember, this wasn't like this before the last batch of updates, so they changed something, and I'll bet it drove a lot of people mad trying to figure out why their bench testing days of receivers would never be the same.

RC Champion
    That would be the "Store Finder" Rain Dawg.

Also @ Nimitzzz

Man you are spot on... I took the top off my rx on the Xmaxx and unplugged the V/T and yes the steering works and throttle works and the rx fast blinks lol.

Ok so now that you solved this problem lol. How does the store finder appear on the app???

Ok so now that you solved this problem lol. How does the store finder appear on the app???

I'm on Traxxas Application Version 8.0.0.11269 and I believe when I turned on Location Services on my phone is when the Store Finder appeared in my App.

Funny thing is, my Location Services are off on my phone now and the Store Finder is still there in the App. The Store Finder needs Location Services turned on in your phone.

Of course you, myself, ReglarGuy and grizzly went through this before in another thread about how we all had different versions of the Traxxas Link App and couldn't figure out why some of us weren't even offered the latest version while others were.

That's when I found out that ReglarGuy was keeping old iPods with older versions of the App so that he had something to fall back on if one of the newer updates screwed something up until they got it fixed.

I'm on Traxxas Application Version 8.0.0.11269
    Mine is also.

Of course you, myself, ReglarGuy and grizzly went through this before in another thread about how we all had different versions of the Traxxas Link App and couldn't figure out why some of us weren't even offered the latest version while others were.
    Curiosity question: My Traxxas app is on an Android (Samsung Galaxy). I'm wondering if there is a difference between that and Apple.

That's when I found out that ReglarGuy was keeping old iPods with older versions of the App so that he had something to fall back on if one of the newer updates screwed something up until they got it fixed.
    Smart thing to do. If its working why fix it.

Curiosity question: My Traxxas app is on an Android (Samsung Galaxy). I'm wondering if there is a difference between that and Apple.

I'm on an Apple device; so maybe it could have something to do with it, or everything to do with it in this particular case with the Store Finder.

RC Enthusiast

Also @ Nimitzzz

Thank you very much.
    Yes, the problem was due to V\C
    this happens only in XMaxx profile, I changed to Erevo profile and now the sensor can be removed.
    strange idea Traxxas
    and now I don’t need to buy a new one )

Thanks for telling us that it resolved the issue. This is going to help others. Also nice video!

RC Champion
    Thank you very much.
    this happens only in XMaxx profile, I changed to Erevo profile and now the sensor can be removed.
    strange idea Traxxas

Excellent

Thank you very much.
    strange idea Traxxas

You're Welcome!

I hadn't thought about changing profiles and will have to remember that next time I have a receiver on the bench; so Thank You also for the follow-up feedback and video!

RC Champion
    Glad to hear it's fixed.
    I'm the same as grizzly with the Samsung Galaxy and were all running the same app version but still no store finder, must be the Apple device.
    So yesterday when I switched profiles from the Xmaxx to the BL Emaxx the rx went green but the power loss was like training mode. Keeping in mind I only run the Emaxx on 4s and the Xmaxx on 6s so that might have been the issue, but I had 2 fully charged 3s batteries in the truck and never went into the model setup to change the batteries to 6s under the Emaxx.

Really strange how the rx's pack enough info to control the power levels between rigs, I always assumed it was the esc's. Happy to see it was something as simple as a V/T plug that had so many of us stumped.