RC poster

Ok finally decided.. buying the 4x4 stampede VXL

Just waiting to find one in stock any recommendations on battery that wonít require a lot of maintenance from running it too hard? Iíve Ben researching and seen a lot of people say the 2s lipo traxxas makes is the safe choice. Thoughts?

RC Racer
    It all really depends on how you drive it. Anything will break if it's abused. 2s tends to be easier on things, but it's no guarantee that the truck will last. I have been running 3s on my Rustler 4x4, and have only replaced one axle (broke on a jump) and a rear bearing carrier (cartwheeled into a storm drain cover). Really nothing to do with the battery choice.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Gotcha. I was thinking of just getting the 2s as this is my first RC, and from what I understand it is cheaper than the 3s. Also
    My 6 year old son will be driving it also. If I eventually need the extra power, the 3s is there waiting for me any recommendations on a aftermarket body that looks slick?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rc-Car-Bug-...-/324190188714

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    That wasn't my first thought, but when I seen it, I liked it.
    You could use either red or blue if you ever want aluminum hop ups...

RC poster
    Hopefully you have better luck then I have had with my new 2wd vxl stampede. Ive only been able to run it twice and I've had it a week. After the first time I ran it the servo gears had to be replaced once I put a new servo in it it worked fine. I go take it out for the 3rd time and and its not turning properly like its not getting the signal from the receiver. So now I'm waiting for a new receiver and hoping that fixes it. I didn't think there would be this much repair right out of the box. its been about 20 years since I last had a rc car. its certainty a fun truck to drive. Im very hesitant to upgrade to the 3s battery after all the issues im already having.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTrucker View Post
    Hopefully you have better luck then I have had with my new 2wd vxl stampede. Ive only been able to run it twice and I've had it a week. After the first time I ran it the servo gears had to be replaced once I put a new servo in it it worked fine. I go take it out for the 3rd time and and its not turning properly like its not getting the signal from the receiver. So now I'm waiting for a new receiver and hoping that fixes it. I didn't think there would be this much repair right out of the box. its been about 20 years since I last had a rc car. its certainty a fun truck to drive. Im very hesitant to upgrade to the 3s battery after all the issues im already having.
    You may want to start your own thread in the 2wd pede forum. This thread is about body choices

RC poster
    That sounds horrible man, sorry to hear that. Is traxxas covering any of that since you just purchased it?

RC poster
    Yes they are sending me new gears for the servo when they are back in stock and the same with the receiver.