RC poster

Velineon VXL-3 3500 Brushless Motor & ESC Power System on TRX-4 bronco?

Put on velineon VXL-3s Brushless on my TRX-4 bronco. Have one little problem with it. When l turn it on and give it full throttle it wants to go in reserve. Any one can help me out? Thank you.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbone View Post
    Put on velineon VXL-3s Brushless on my TRX-4 bronco. Have one little problem with it. When l turn it on and give it full throttle it wants to go in reserve. Any one can help me out? Thank you.
    Hi mate, your problem is the motor rotation, change one of the wires (for example white to blue) of the motor to ESC an it works. The TRX4 motor is reverse rotation, and the brushless one is standard rotation. Do it I tell you and all works perfect.
    Last edited by Juanmacine; 06-20-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Yes, that is supposed to happen, since the extra portal gears reverse the rotation (that makes the tires spin the opposite direction). You can either change the settings in the transmitter or as Juanmacine said, switch the wires (only works for sensorless motors, switching the wires on a sensored may damage it).

RC poster
    Thank you. Yes it works perfect.

RC Champion
    Thank you. Yes it works perfect.
    You're welcome.

RC poster
    Hi Jamesbone,

Does the VXL-3 3500 give the Bronco more top speed?

RC poster
    Yes, it should, as it should spin higher RPMs than the 21T stock motor. You likely wouldn't have really good low speed control, though

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 314bldr View Post
    Yes, it should, as it should spin higher RPMs than the 21T stock motor. You likely wouldn't have really good low speed control, though
    With a brushless sensorless system, at high KV and RPM, the low speed control gone, unless the motor has more poles, 4 or 6 minimum.

RC poster
    Yes, have a 48 tooth spear gear with a 13 tooth pinion gear. It's crazy fast. Low speed sucks. But l wanting more for a speed run truck. Enjoy drive it. Stock tires balloon to much. Looking into buying better tires for it right now..

RC Qualifier
    Some 2.8 proline mashers look good on a bomber (rock bouncer). Might want to look into those. Pretty wide, might have clearance issues with turning though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Yes, have a 48 tooth spear gear with a 13 tooth pinion gear. It's crazy fast. Low speed sucks. But l wanting more for a speed run truck. Enjoy drive it. Stock tires balloon to much. Looking into buying better tires for it right now..
    Thanks for the insight.