RC Enthusiast

Drag Rustler

Has anybody built a drag rustler?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojih1234 View Post
    Has anybody built a drag rustler?
    Does anybody drag race rustlers?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I donít think the short wheel base really is conducive to dragging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I don’t think the short wheel base really is conducive to dragging.

I'm thinking about team associated's dr10 now because it's made for drag racing

If you already have a Rusty, you could always convert it into a LCG Slash chassis. That is what many no-prep drag cars are based on.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    The rc I'm looking at is team associated's dr10 because rtr

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    If you already have a Rusty, you could always convert it into a LCG Slash chassis. That is what many no-prep drag cars are based on.

Have fun!
    True. Always the CF extended option as well

RC Competitor
    The rc I'm looking at is team associated's dr10 because rtr
    Lame. Lol get a traxxas

RC Qualifier
    Rustler+LCG chassis conversion+ 3oz car wheel weight aft of the front bumper = pretty solid dragster base

with the wheel weight thing ymmv

Yep, many people love the Traxxas 2wd lineup to use as a platform for drag racing. Just get the LCG chassis conversion kit, and you will be mostly there. Traxxas has also made a video on turning a Slash into a dragster.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Enthusiast
    True. Always the CF extended option as well

What is the CF extended opition?

RC Qualifier
    Carbon Fiber chassis extension extends the wheelbase

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What is the CF extended opition?
    Xtreme Racing Carbon Fiber extended chassis.

RC Enthusiast
    ok thanks for letting me know what it is

RC Competitor
    Xtreme Racing Carbon Fiber extended chassis.

I know who makes xtreme racing personally I used to race with him I use a lot of his stuff, its high quality

RC Enthusiast
    What's the most recommended rtr drag car?

I think TA's DR10 is the only RTR on-prep drag car right now.

RC Qualifier
    I would be surprised if Traxxas came out with a RTR drag car, they discontinued their drag racing line a couple years ago when they stopped as a NHRA major sponsor to JFR. It would be easy to do just like the hobbyists are doing now.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Fast lane machine now makes slash length aluminum chassis for no prep drag slash, I am fan of their works and it looks very tempting. They already make a lengthened rustler chassis that fit some rustler bodies surprisingly well.

The weight low on the chassis floor seems to make a difference. Maybe it’s mostly in my head but eh. You biggest challenge will be building up the diff to handle the power once the tires hook up.

Last edited by TwoBelugas; 08-24-2020 at 07:46 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I thought about using the Integy LCG Slash chassis for the same reason, a little more weight for traction and weight transfer without a higher cg but this FLM chassis looks nice!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    Fast lane machine now makes slash length aluminum chassis for no prep drag slash, I am fan of their works and it looks very tempting. They already make a lengthened rustler chassis that fit some rustler bodies surprisingly well.

The weight low on the chassis floor seems to make a difference. Maybe itís mostly in my head but eh. You biggest challenge will be building up the diff to handle the power once the tires hook up.

FLM handled that with the Super Diff. My Rustler has an XO-1 diff in it. 6S no problem.

RC Qualifier
    I bought one of the Pro-line Pro transmissions by accident, 32P and all steel internals so i'm hoping it will hold up if the original ones don't due to drag racing abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    I bought one of the Pro-line Pro transmissions by accident, 32P and all steel internals so i'm hoping it will hold up if the original ones don't due to drag racing abuse.

Just curious...how does one buy that "by accident"? If it was an "accident", you could have cancelled before it shipped, or returned it. Since you chose to do neither, it doesn't sell much like an "accident". Nevertheless, I'm interested in knowing how well it holds up.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Competitor
    I follow some guys here in northern CA that run pro line transmissions.
    If your as fast as they are and not blowing transmissions its a solid product.

RC Competitor

That new trans is BAD TO THE BONE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Just curious...how does one buy that "by accident"? If it was an "accident", you could have cancelled before it shipped, or returned it. Since you chose to do neither, it doesn't sell much like an "accident". Nevertheless, I'm interested in knowing how well it holds up.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I bought it thinking it was the discontinued model trans and since I have a lot of Pro2's with that trans I thought it would be nice as a spare. I did not know until I received it that it was a new redesigned version. I never heard anything about this transmission until after i got it and did some research on it then I see where there was very little pre release info. My only complaint about it so far is the rear arm mounts are part of the trans case, I liked being able to change the rear toe with the original trans design.

RC Enthusiast
    Do not blame you

I bought it thinking it was the discontinued model trans and since I have a lot of Pro2's with that trans I thought it would be nice as a spare. I did not know until I received it that it was a new redesigned version. I never heard anything about this transmission until after i got it and did some research on it then I see where there was very little pre release info. My only complaint about it so far is the rear arm mounts are part of the trans case, I liked being able to change the rear toe with the original trans design.

Just saw this video where Josh talked a little about Traxxas Pro-Built transmissions (see 1:21) and I thought of you:

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I wondered about some of the internals and what oil/grease (if any) is in the diff. I'll have to check out these videos.

RC Qualifier
    Oops, these stories are about the traxxas trans mostly.

Honestly, I don't know why anytime would bother to consider "Traxxas Pro Built"...there's nothing special about them. These aren't "hop-up" parts...they're factory pre-built 'components' (front bullhead with diff, transmission, etc), built using the exact same stock parts found on the RTR vehicles. They're for people who either don't have the time to put them together, or those to lazy. I'm NOT saying they're bad...I'm sure they're just as good as the ones in the RTR vehicles...but, you won't get any "performance gains" by using them.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

RC Qualifier
    That's what I thought too, just preassembled replacement parts, nothing "pro" about them.

Yes, that is what Josh said in his Scal News Update video I posted earlier.

That's what I thought too, just preassembled replacement parts, nothing "pro" about them.

It's a great way for Traxxas to make higher profits on the same parts (by "bundling" them together). If their 'Pro-Built' line really takes off, it could actually give Traxxas an 'excuse' to claim a "shortage of individual parts", while still shipping 'Pro-Built' items. I'm not saying Traxxas would actually do this...but, then again, one never knows. If you want (for example), a better pre-built 2WD transmission, instead of picking up a Traxxas Pro-Built trans, you're much better-off picking up the Pro-Line PRO-32P trans.

Personally, I GREATLY enjoy building from the individual parts. Sometimes, I wonder which I enjoy more - running the vehicles, or building them. I started getting into crawling, first with an Axial Capra, which I continue to enjoy (probably because it's not your typical "go slow" crawler). I bought other crawler kits, but, after building a couple of them, I realized I didn't enjoy crawling as much as I thought I would...and now, I'm selling them all off (except the Capra), as I realized I enjoyed building them fast more than running them. While I continue to turn my Rustler 4x4 into a 1/8 4WD E-buggy, I'll next be turning my 2WD Slash into a No-Prep drag racer.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Last edited by Panther6834; 11-11-2020 at 01:59 AM.

RC Qualifier
    It's a great way for Traxxas to make higher profits on the same parts (by "bundling" them together). If their 'Pro-Built' line really takes off, it could actually give Traxxas an 'excuse' to claim a "shortage of individual parts", while still shipping 'Pro-Built' items. I'm not saying Traxxas would actually do this...but, then again, one never knows. If you want (for example), a better pre-built 2WD transmission, instead of picking up a Traxxas Pro-Built trans, you're much better-off picking up the Pro-Line PRO-32P trans.

Personally, I GREATLY enjoy building from the individual parts. Sometimes, I wonder which I enjoy more - running the vehicles, or building them. I started getting into crawling, first with an Axial Capra, which I continue to enjoy (probably because it's not your typical "go slow" crawler). I bought other crawler kits, but, after building a couple of them, I realized I didn't enjoy crawling as much as I thought I would...and now, I'm selling them all off (except the Capra), as I realized I enjoyed building them fast more than running them. While I continue to turn my Rustler 4x4 into a 1/8 4WD E-buggy, I'll next be turning my 2WD Slash into a No-Prep drag racer.

I was gonna type some words but panther already said it all so yeah,what he said ^

RC Qualifier
    Honestly, I don't know why anytime would bother to consider "Traxxas Pro Built"...there's nothing special about them. These aren't "hop-up" parts...they're factory pre-built 'components' (front bullhead with diff, transmission, etc), built using the exact same stock parts found on the RTR vehicles. They're for people who either don't have the time to put them together, or those to lazy. I'm NOT saying they're bad...I'm sure they're just as good as the ones in the RTR vehicles...but, you won't get any "performance gains" by using them.

I am looking at getting a Pro Built transmission for my E-revo 2.0 for two reasons.

1. I literally stripped EVERY GEAR in my stock transmission, along with destroying my bearings and busting my housing (the gear teeth shrapnel blew a hole in it). I figured it would be easier to just buy the entire assembly instead of each part individually.

2. I need the transmission by next week because I'm going to take it ATVing with me and part of me doesn't want to have to worry about assembling an entire transmission in that time.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    I am looking at getting a Pro Built transmission for my E-revo 2.0 for two reasons.

1. I literally stripped EVERY GEAR in my stock transmission, along with destroying my bearings and busting my housing (the gear teeth shrapnel blew a hole in it). I figured it would be easier to just buy the entire assembly instead of each part individually.

2. I need the transmission by next week because I'm going to take it ATVing with me and part of me doesn't want to have to worry about assembling an entire transmission in that time.
    So, after some research I found this E-revo transmission completely built and at half the price of the Traxxas Pro Built one. Have any of you ever purchased from JRC, and if so how fast is the shipping (I live in Dallas, TX by the way).

https://jennysrc.com/products/1-10-b...raxxas-86086-4

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPropils View Post
    So, after some research I found this E-revo transmission completely built and at half the price of the Traxxas Pro Built one. Have any of you ever purchased from JRC, and if so how fast is the shipping (I live in Dallas, TX by the way).

https://jennysrc.com/products/1-10-b...raxxas-86086-4
    As many have said, always check Jenny's RC first. As for your previous post, that just means you fall into the "don't have the available time" category, of which there's nothing wrong with that. I completely respect that reasoning.

RC Qualifier
    As many have said, always check Jenny's RC first. As for your previous post, that just means you fall into the "don't have the available time" category, of which there's nothing wrong with that. I completely respect that reasoning.

Thanks, like I said, I'm just worried that I won't get it in time.