RC Qualifier

Was the LCG chassis designed with castle mm2/MMx in mind?

So there are some holes on the lcg chassis under the receiver box that always bugged me, since they don’t really seem to do anything, and there are holes over the front bulkhead that accomodate the receiver box perfectly. It finally makes sense me why two holes about two inches apart are on the chassis floor.

So I was speculating, it may be old news to many seasoned owners here, but was the Sl4ch lcg and rally originally intended to be able to upgrade to castle esc and bigger motors easily with traxxas hardware from the xo-1 and erevo 1.0?

I don’t believe it’s a coincidence that the two unused holes are positioned just so that the inner bracket post is just clearing the center drive shaft and holds down the MM2 down in a space just big enough for it, and the end of the esc just so happens stays clear of the servo compartment, and there just so happens to have enough room to put in a 1515 sized motor. And oh yeah, the motor mount just so happens takes a 40mm can motor and still accommodate 21/54 gearing. I mean, if it was all just one big coincidence, it’s a heckuva big one.

Last edited by TwoBelugas; 06-23-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Don’t know, but I am thankful to Traxxas for designing their products with us enthusiasts in mind!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Don’t know, but I am thankful to Traxxas for designing their products with us enthusiasts in mind!
    No doubt. The early collaboration with castle is I m sure a factor in how the mm2 mount brackets have the same spacing as the vxl-4/6/8s but having mounting holes built in on the Sl4sh and everything fits juuuust right? My hats off to whoever decided/sneaked in the chassis design.

It is because of the interoperability of Traxxasí designs, that I own 2 slash 4x4, an XO-1 and a couple of E-Revos.

Itís like having a RC LEGO set..... what you want to build today?!!

If I'm not mistaken, in the early days the 2200 motor and esc was included in the Traxxas hop-up program.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, in the early days the 2200 motor and esc was included in the Traxxas hop-up program.
    I bet you are right.

Itís funny because those two holes for tra5626 are also present on the rustler 4x4 chassis, I guess they use the same base molding or something, obviously a 2200 or even 2650kv motor wonít fit the Rustl4r and an MM2/MMX in that space but the family DNA shows through.

I didn't know that those motor systems would not fit in the Rustler. I'm sure they found a way to shorten the Slash 4x4 LCG chassis. Don't quote me on it
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    There is about 4.75 inches of space Between the motor plate and receive box on th Rustl4r so 3 inch long 1515 motors are out unless you mount the esc sideways or something. Now that I think about it 2650kv motors being 1512 sized may fit but I donít know if you can use the existing holes, but it may work at least. I need to reread some of the threads on that sub forum to see what others have done.

In any case, that highlights the vision that the lcg Sl4sh chassis design had, that benefits us to this day.

Tried it on the Rustl4r and the existing holes accommodate an MM2 (sans the cap pack of course) and a 2400kv motor from the MAXX with mm to spare. Of course one has to relocate the receiver box to the front bulkhead but seems there is a pathway to upgrade with almost all traxxas parts if one were so inclined, without cutting or drilling.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-29-2020 at 01:12 AM. Reason: merge