RC poster

How fast is the XO-1 out of the box unlocked, but with stock gearing on 6s?

just curious around 80mph unlocked with stock pinion gear on 6s or two 3s lipo? thanks.

Out of the box the XO-1 goes 50 miles per hour.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

DITTO ................... 50 mph
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC poster
    i mean if you unlock the car on stock gearing, it has to be near 70 or 80, not unlocked is 50 mph.

No, locked/unlocked is 50mph with out of the box 50mph gearing. If you change your gearing for a faster than 50mph top end without unlocking your XO-1's ESC your XO-1 will still only top out at 50mph. To have a faster top end speed greater than 50mph, you have to do both. You have to unlock your XO-1's ESC and you have to gear up too.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    No, locked/unlocked is 50mph with out of the box 50mph gearing. If you change your gearing for a faster than 50mph top end without unlocking your XO-1's ESC your XO-1 will still only top out at 50mph. To have a faster top end speed greater than 50mph, you have to do both. You have to unlock your XO-1's ESC and you have to gear up too.
    I put together two xo-1s so far from the nuts an screws and it’s fun as heck, the esc unlock part was the only “eh” moment since I repurposed two Receivers from other traxxas cars. I assumed the “lock” on factory esc is based on the factory parameters monitoring the rpm using the sensor located on the motor mount, is it monitoring how fast the center drive shaft is spinning if either gearing is limited to 50mph via a magnet or something in the cush drive spur assembly?
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 06-27-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Honestly, I never gave it much though. When I got my XO-1, I just unlocked it. Then (several years later) when my ESC went belly up, I took it's cap pack, and put them with a new Castle MM2 ESC. No more locking and unlocking crap. Also, when I did this, I didn't have a ESC fan that only came on when it wanted to. With a MM2 my fan is on all the time. That way I know if/when it's working or not.

Edited for language abuse/sexual referencing.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-01-2020 at 02:30 AM.