RC Qualifier

New Revo, speed control question

Just got a E-revo 2, noticed a couple of things worth asking:

- truck would not power off when i pressed the ESC button after first outing. Ran with Traxxas 3S - 5000mAh batteries. It ran well, no problems, but could not shut off ESC until I dis-connected batteries. This is new to me.

- tires are pretty out of balance, fair amount of vibration. Has anyone done tire balancing, and if so how and with what tools? I think it would like going fast much more if it werent fighting the vibrations from out of balanced tires!

Otherwise, as is typical with all the Traxxas cars I've had, its a real nice piece of engineering.

Esc update made it so you are forced to unplug batteries to turn off. Esc button no longer turns the car off on vxl6s ecs.

Tire balancing, golfers lead tape. And a rod to spin the tires on.

Have you plugged the holes inside the tire rims? As dirt and water can get in with no way out. This will make them unbalanced. Can poke holes in the outside tires and then run car to fling the crap out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info.

I have not plugged holes yet, but I will. I will also try the golfers lead tape and balance them....we'll see. Maybe I'll take a video or two and show before and after.

Thanks for quick reply!

RC Qualifier
    I should have posted in the e-revo brushless forum! I'll post tire balancing results over there.