How to Remove the Front of the Body (with the light kit) ???

So I have had my UDR for a little more than half a year, and I had not needed to remove the body until now. It came with the light kit installed, which is why I have never taken the body off. I was able to remove all the screws and lift the back, but the front...

I am able to find videos of how to remove the front without the light bar, but with the light bar, it does not allow the body to move around, and the front bumper just locks it in place. Do I have to remove the light bar? If I do, I would have to remove the body... Any ideas?

Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Here's some pics:

RC Competitor
    Lift the rear of the body as if you're removing it, then tilt it enough to gain a little space to move it around, then slide the body as far as possible to one side and pop the upper pumper bar through the body. Then slide it to the other side and pop the bumper through. Once the top is through, the bottom bumper bar is similar but you have much more wiggle room now.

It's not the most graceful move but it'll go. If you enlarge the openings a bit it will give you more slide space to get the body off.

Thank you, but when I try to tilt the body, the light bars do not allow the body to move around. Also, I would like to cut the body as little as possible (it's also hard to cut it when the bumper is in the way). Is it easier to remove it without the light bar?

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    Here's some pics:

I remove the body and all six tires and check every fastener after every run since off-roading WILL loosen everything. And in real life itíll loosen you as the driver or passenger
    I now have a custom painted body that I put Gorilla Crystal Clear tape on the edge of the opening. Since I just bend the body back slightly to clear the end of the small bumper the tape protects the body. So far. The tape extends to the inside of the body to protect it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dbestfromclovis View Post
    I remove the body and all six tires and check every fastener after every run since off-roading WILL loosen everything. And in real life itíll loosen you as the driver or passenger
    I now have a custom painted body that I put Gorilla Crystal Clear tape on the edge of the opening. Since I just bend the body back slightly to clear the end of the small bumper the tape protects the body. So far. The tape extends to the inside of the body to protect it too

...both sides of the opening

RC Competitor
    ...both sides of the opening

What Iím trying to protect

RC Competitor
    What Iím trying to protect

Oh yeah - I fabricated a rear wing

Thanks! I've already seen it on your other threads (very nice paint job, and cool spoiler). I have managed to get it off (and did get some of the decals rubbed off in the front). Having clear tape on it would be a fantastic idea, thanks for sharing! I might get a new body for mines (maybe a white and dark blue paint scheme with a tint of orange) for pics, videos, and just driving around, and use the stock one for offroad trails.

RC Competitor
    The edge of the front light cut out just has to bend to remove the body for me.
    My first version body (the Rigid edition) showed the wear and tear

RC Competitor
    The way they made that front bumper and body was not the brightest idea i've thought since i bought mine a year ago.
    They could of designed a better way to get the body off then they way it is, that's for sure.