RC poster

Help with Rustler

I am not new to the RC hobby, however I haven't been active in it for 10 years or so. Decided it was time to get back into it.

Bought my son a Rustler VXL, runs great except it veers hard left when on the brakes. Goes straight just fine underpower , and coasting. Haven't taken the diff apart yet wanted some opinions first. We have broken axles once before, and replaced with HD axles.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Try turning the TSM down or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Try turning the TSM down or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That I have done, no dice. Might just have to tear down the transmission and check bearings, and differential.

It's weird because only happens when on the break. Go full hard on the break from full throttle speed run the truck literally spins around.

It seems to be mechanical, one side dragging more than the other? It's not the TSM, I don't think

Edit:. I'll get it out tomorrow, if I recall correctly you can literally see one rear tire lock up during braking while the other is still spinning.
    Last edited by Remo; 06-30-2020 at 06:45 PM.

RC poster
    Took a parts the tranny today, looks great. I was wrong it goes hard right when on the brakes not left. Had a shock that was only half full, so I went through all the shocks and put in fresh fluids. This thing still darts right on the brake, only on payment though. It could be the tires, it does not have stock tires in the back. It has Talon ext in the rear. Brakes straight in the grass and loose dirt. Hard pack and pavement it uncontrollable when on the brakes. I'll have to try the stock tires to compare.

Mine seems to pull to one side on break I have. I'll keep a eye out on mine and report back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk