Lipo Charger Question

Hello everybody I am looking for a lipo charger the one I am looking at is the hitec x2 I wanna charge ID Lipos 3 cell 5000 mah also some smc batteries with traxxas adapters on it maybe higher in the future like 4 cell depends but is it possible to charge it on this charger on the website it says dont charge traxxas but I'm curious if anybody has done this or does it

Also is this everything I would need?

Charger
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/hitec-x...YaAqyvEALw_wcB

Charger adapter
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071GS515J..._Xsj.Eb3WMPVG3

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

First, I'm guessing you didn't read the warning by Hitec:

WARNING NOTE:*This charger is not compatible with Traxxas iD equipped LiPo Batteries; only Traxxas iD chargers properly charge Traxxas iD LiPo Batteries. NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, use this charger to charge a Traxxas iD equipped LiPo Battery.

Now, I'm not going to tell you to not use the Hitec X2 to charge Traxxas iD batteries...but understand, in doing so, you will void the Traxxas warranty on the batteries, and you will void the Hitec warranty on the charger. A better solution might be to replace the connector on the vehicle with something else...something more common, such as the XT60 connectors I've installed on my Traxxas vehicles.

If you prefer to stick with the iD connector on your vehicle, and you still want to use the Hitec X2 charger, it CAN be done...but, you'll still need something else. The adapter you gave the link for only 'converts' from the iD connector (aka "2nd Gen Traxxas connector"), to the old (aka "1st Gen") Traxxas connector. In order to plug that into the charger, you'll still need a 1st Gen Traxxas charge lead, which would have a male 1st Gen connector on one end, and the banana plugs (which plug into the charger) on the other end. I know, my X2 AC Black Edition didn't come with one, so I'm assuming the X2 you're considering also doesn't come with one.

Like I said, it's much easier to just replace the connector on the ESC with something like an XT60, and then just buy batteries with XT60 connectors. It'll make your RC life a while lot easier. Almost all of my land vehicles, and 2 of my 5 boats, have XT60 connectors.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better