RC poster

Teton makes electric noise steering all the way to the left

Hey! First post here, I'm new to the forum

I bought a pair of Tetons and the first one I opened gives a strange noise when turned all the way to the left. I took a quick video of it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/176j...ew?usp=sharing

Its coming right out of the steering servo, has anyone had this issue? Would replacing the steering servo fix it? Its a 2065 I believe, which I think this tutorial goes over: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7giKlw6jIo&t=51s

Should this be happening right out of the box? These cars are built pretty rugged right I cant imagine it was damaged in shipping, maybe a defective unit? Im hoping i can just replace the servo and have it working good as new

Any help here is appreciated! I reached out to support as well to see what they think.
    Last edited by tastyjams; 07-01-2020 at 11:38 PM.

RC poster
    I think it’s probably the servos problem. Try swapping the servos between your 2 to make sure. But don’t go back to the stock servo if you get a new one. You can get a Hitec or a Savox servo which will do much better from what I heard.

RC poster
    I rebuilt the stock servo with metal gears and it made a huge difference in performance and noise. The kit is around 20$ from traxxas.

Greg

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingbomb View Post
    I rebuilt the stock servo with metal gears and it made a huge difference in performance and noise. The kit is around 20$ from traxxas.

Greg

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Just one question: is the 2065X servo (MG) the same as the 2065 ? i mean engine wise. Or can i just take the 2065, remove the plastic gears, and put the metal gears on it ?