RC Racer

Coming back, maybe..

Hi guys, i had the mk1 erbe and to be fair it was disappointing, it's design was spectacular but it's diffs, plastics, shocks, shafts seemed to break constantly, perhaps im just a bad driver?

On the advice of a friend i sold it and bought a kraton, it rarely broke but it doesn't quite fly like the revo, i always missed the revo.

So now i see there's new models with upgrades, have things improved? Before i pump a grand into another rc i need to knows it's not going to be the same issues.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyRC View Post
    Hi guys, i had the mk1 erbe and to be fair it was disappointing, it's design was spectacular but it's diffs, plastics, shocks, shafts seemed to break constantly, perhaps im just a bad driver?

On the advice of a friend i sold it and bought a kraton, it rarely broke but it doesn't quite fly like the revo, i always missed the revo.

So now i see there's new models with upgrades, have things improved? Before i pump a grand into another rc i need to knows it's not going to be the same issues.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    The newer erevo 2.0. That came out In 2018,. Is a improvement. Better diffs and axles, few other tweaks here and there. Some parts are the same others are different.

Only issue they seem to have is pulling tie rod ends. Or shock end. Which they may of fixed with a new part 8619. As it's now stock on cars I hear. ( Beefier rod end).

Suspension brace, n Most of us put on suspension straps. Or went to a lighter tire. To fix the issue. As normal mg servo.

Other than hitting improbable objects at speed. Really no issues for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Acidic01; 07-04-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Coming back, maybe..

Ya my V1 Erevo to V2 has been solid. 6s power on tap with not one issue.

Driveline has been redesigned to handle 6s power without issue. Only difference from my V1 to V2 bs brand new Erevo 2.0 is that mine has the V1 tranny with the slipper clutch, the V2 Erevo tranny has the Xmaxx Cush drive and a center diff installed.

I would swap to a single servo thatís at least 30kg to turn the tires with ease, and with metal gears.

Also would get aluminum rear brace to help with chassis flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The v2 is far better than the v1. I had a v1 for 3 years that I run on 4S and got a v2 roller last year so I could run 6S. I transferred some of my upgrades to it as well as the electronics I was using.

I run alloy rockers, rear shock limiting straps, homemade rear chassis brace, vdk #2 with 60wt in the shocks and RC Raven dual rate springs. I launch this thing with really no concern for damage. I run it and my outcast pretty much the same with little concern for how high/far I jump either one.

The outcast took a lot of $ to make it worth having. I was breaking it or bending something on it every time I ran it for the first 6 months. Now with RPM arms, titanium towers, 7075 chassis, alloy chassis braces, it holds up for the most part. I have an ongoing issue with the diffs, which is likely caused by my preference of running 3.8" trenchers on it (which I also run on my ERBEv2). Now that arrma has released the kraton exb, it has better diffs, so I'll likely drop the $120+ on front/rear diffs from it for my outcast. Or... I'll just leave it on the shelf and run the revo. lol!

I can't vouch for the v2 electronics though as I never had any of that. I'm running a max6 and blx2050kv on mine at the moment as well as aftermarket servo and spektrum receiver.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss