Thread: List of tools

RC Racer

List of tools

Can you guys come up with a quick list of hand tools such as drivers, wrenches e.t.c that one would need to work on a stock e-revo? I have 2, 2.5 & 3mm t handle wrenches thus far.

Honestly do a search, always best to use search tools first, then ask. As it has been posted a number of times. I know I've even showed pics of my tool box dump multiple times

Mostly as you need a tool add it to your tool box.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No matter what tools you buy, definitely invest in a nice digital caliper. The applications are many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I have a toolbox full of tools (automotive technician) but not very many smaller and longer tools such as hex. Though I may have them... I haven't looked lol. I just want to get a bag together for on the go.

For working on my Traxxas RCs this is what I currently use as my basic starters. I also keep a multi-tool, small flat head and phillips driver, wire cutters a lighter, zip ties, heat shrink and so on. This is my basic stuff that seems to always get me out of trouble in the field.

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/3415

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8711

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-4-...P44L/205975772

RC Competitor
    I bought the full set of Speedbits. The ball end tools are worth their weight in platinum, IMO. Add a pair of needle nose pliers, a small visegrips to pull the pins out, and an 8mm deepwell socket to remove the rocker pivots, and you're set.

I also added a Harbor Freight temp gun, electrical tape, a digital caliper, a pair of slipjoint pliers, a DeWalt 12v cordless screwdriver and spare battery, a set of picks, aluminum turnbuckle wrenches, a wheel nut wrench, a shock tool, a cell checker...the toolkit just grows daily.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

Tool dump
    Also rags. And wd40.

As a contractor I have a whole garage wall full of tool boxes for each job type I do. And my always in truck tools, and stuff that lives on work bench. Wall and shelfs. But this is what's in my rc tool bag. That then goes into the large tote with wheels. that houses all my spares for each of the 5 cars. Batteries, tx's ect. So I just have the feild tote and my battery charger case. Along with cars into the truck to head out somewhere.

Last edited by Acidic01; 07-06-2020 at 02:58 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Tool dump
    Also rags. And wd40.

As a contractor I have a whole garage wall full of tool boxes for each job type I do. And my always in truck tools, and stuff that lives on work bench. Wall and shelfs. But this is what's in my rc tool bag. That then goes into the large tote with wheels. that houses all my spares for each of the 5 cars. Batteries, tx's ect. So I just have the feild tote and my battery charger case. Along with cars into the truck to head out somewhere.

Does the party hat help with driving? thanks for the ideas guys, I think I can put a decent bag together.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Fish88 View Post
    Does the party hat help with driving? thanks for the ideas guys, I think I can put a decent bag together.
    It was my bday. My daughter put it on me. Then I took it off after a while. Got her helping me on fixing the cars today. Didn't get any fixed in time to go play.

RC Racer
    Happy birthday!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Tool dump
    Also rags. And wd40.

I like the rolling tool tote. Better than my Craftsman box. Thinking it's time to add the drawer unit for more tool storage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

Get room for tools spares snacks beverages, ramp cars ect..

Pic of totes with ramp and erevo strapped down and xmaxx ready for a walk to go bash.