RC Racer

Pivot ball/ camber

I realized today that the part that goes into the control arm similar to a ball joint has been loosening and causing crazy camber. The threads are fine and are at least there, though massive a bit over sized. I put loctite 401 or 406 on it, I forget which. It's basically a surface adhering loctite safe for plastics, like CA glue. I'm giving it a few days to cure. If this doesn't work, what are my options? Are aluminum suspension parts frowned upon? How much heavier are they?

RC Competitor
    You can slip a small strip of plastic, like a tip of a small cable ties, into the hole, then thread the ball in. I usually put a little thin superglue in the hole and let it dry, then thread the balls into the arm. So far it's working well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

I just put ca glue in the hole for the pivot ball and screw it back in, and it holds no issue. Thread lock for plastic can work as tell or teflon tape. .

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I was mistaken. I used https://www.henkel-adhesives.com/us/...ctite_425.html it worked awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Fish88 View Post
    I was mistaken. I used https://www.henkel-adhesives.com/us/...ctite_425.html it worked awesome.
    It's ca glue.. (cyanoacrylate). Aka super glue they come in a different formulas but that one should work for any thread locking applications in rc cars

That one also says aliphatic ester which I googled I guess is being used as a solvent, perhaps reducing the sheer strength? Or to increase viscosity?

All my ca clues just say cyanoacrylate. So the added words of aliphatic ester made me wonder.. what does that do...

I have versions that say ultra gel, med gap filling ect. Hobby store has about 8 different flavors but never looked into them all. Depending on applications more for your model and balsa wood applications.

The not listed on bottle additives is what gives it it's different properties.

Acetone will help remove ca glue.

And I guess do not put on cotton or wool otherwise irritating fumes, and exothermic reaction will happen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk