RC Competitor

Sank my MERV in the swimming pool last night!!

Hello all! Yesterday evening around 8 o’clock or so I managed to sink my MERV in the 6 foot deep side of my buddy’s swimming pool. It was submerged for 12-15 seconds. When I retrieved it from the pool it still worked and we ran two more battery packs through it. Then it got blown clean with the compressor. Last but not least I took the receiver cover off and aired it out all night. Today it still runs but it looks like diff rebuilds and total bearing replacement is in order before I run it again. It’s been only 17 hours since the dunking and the driveline feels a little tight already. Anyway I still had a nice evening and just wanted to share this with y’all. Of course I was the only person that managed to do this!

Lol. Hate it when that happens. Did you try hydroplaning with your MERV?

Probably can just clean and repack with grease for bearings vs replacment.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Does that now make it a sub-MERVable?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    After running my mini slash through water one day, like water level to the roof line, I found it was rolling stiff the next day. I sprayed some WD40 silicone on the wheel bearings, diff bearings, motor bearings and basically any other bearing I could get to or see without taking anything apart. Even if I couldn't get there with the spray straw, I know it would seep into where it needed to go. After rolling it by hand for a matter of seconds, everything was freed up again.

It's good to use WD40 (normal stuff) first, to displace the water. Then the WD40 Silicone (or equivalent lubricant/oil) after to lubricate the bearings and other moving parts.