RC Enthusiast

Why so many discontinued, unavailable, and out of stock mudding tires?

My Summit is on the way and I'm going crazy trying to find some good 3.8" mudding tires and rims to fit them on. It seems like every time I see one that I like, they're either discontinued or out of stock. Is it normally this hard to get this stuff, or does it have to do with COVID19? Or am I looking in the wrong places? I want the Mud Slingers but they're sold out everywhere I looked. I hear it's hard to get a good narrow rim to fit them on anyway, without cutting them. Then I just saw the Interco Super Swamper 40, 3.8 TSL/Boggers and they're discontinued. What's a good spot to get some? I'll be shipping them to Canada so if the site only does the US that's no good. Any info and site suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks

They have them in-stock on-line at AMain:
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/rc4wd-m...90867?v=247496

What wheels are you planning to mount them on?

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    Nnnnice! Going to order them right now. Not sure yet. It would be nice to get a narrow wheel to avoid the side wall from bulging out like I've seen what happens with them on a few youtube vids. Any suggestions?

RC Enthusiast
    The more I look on these posts, the more I see that it's difficult to get rims to fit them. Shoot haha I ordered them anyway. Now just to hunt for rims

RC Qualifier
    The popular stuff is usually out of stock. Stuff that doesn't sell is usually discontinued quickly. I'm not too familar with the 3.8" stuff but hear a lot of talk about it, pretty popular.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Yea I guess eh. Hard to get the popular stuff. I just found the mud slingers I was looking for after days of searching. Thanks to "Squeegie". Not sure what to get for rims now. Not even sure what to look for actually as to what they'll fit nicely on. I'm going to keep reading these forums(so helpful) and researching it.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY_METAL View Post
    Yea I guess eh. Hard to get the popular stuff. I just found the mud slingers I was looking for after days of searching. Thanks to "Squeegie". Not sure what to get for rims now. Not even sure what to look for actually as to what they'll fit nicely on. I'm going to keep reading these forums(so helpful) and researching it.
    Have a look at this thread, it might give you an idea. https://forums.traxxas.com-Will-they-fit

RC Enthusiast
    Awesome. Thanks. Found these deadly rims on a site. If you google "3.8" 8 hole beadlock wheels" it's the first site that comes up. Not sure if I can say the name on this haha but it says there's an option to use up to 3 wheel wideners on them which makes me think that if no wideners are used, they will be narrow enough to fit the 40 series Mud Slingers nicely. The only problem is, it is not a secure website. So I don't know if I trust giving them my card info haha. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's another secure site to get these on and, if they will work for the 40 series?

RC Enthusiast
    Do RC4WD Pro10 40 Series 3.8" Steel Stamped Beadlock Wheel RC4ZW0056 work with the 3.8" Mud Slingers?

They should be. In the description of the wheels they show a picture of the mudslingers mounted on them.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice! I Didn't see that pic. Also, I didn't mean to confuse things by making another thread haha thank you! Ordering them today. Stoked. I think they look awesome and suit they slingers good. I didn't want to spend the money on them and find out they didn't work. I wanted to make sure from the people who know on this. Thanks again

I like the mudslingers. I think they are an awesome tire!

Don't forget to get the wheel hex. They are sold separately from RC4WD wheels.
    rc4wd.com/17mm-RevoSummit-Universal-Hex

RC Enthusiast
    Right. Ok. Cool.

RC Enthusiast
    They come in pairs?

RC Enthusiast
    It looks like it in the picture there(of the hex) but at the same time the pic of the rim looks like it comes with the hex??

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY_METAL View Post
    It looks like it in the picture there(of the hex) but at the same time the pic of the rim looks like it comes with the hex??
    Here is what it says in the description of the wheel "Photos Shown with Hex Hub. (Sold Separately)."

RC Enthusiast
    Haha sorry. In a rush here haha