RC poster

New E-Revo 2.0 Owner - Just Saying Hello and Looking for Spur Help

Hi all,

New E-Revo 2.0 owner here. Only had the truck two days and just having a blast! Landed my first flip ever today and I'm just hooked!

Before I got the truck I did my research:
    -Installed Aluminum Chassis Brace (check)
    -Installed Suspension Limit Straps (check)
    -Bought spare toe rod ends (check)
    -Bough spare shock rod ends (check)
    -Bought spare push rod ends (check)

What I didn't expect was the motor getting loose and chewing up my spur gear. LOL!

Still having fun fixing it. Any advice on replacing the spur gear? Is it better to go metal? Maybe loc-tite on the motor mount screws?

Any other tips or advice for a new E-Revo owner?

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    I replaced mine with 6449X when I had it down for maintenance. Since then, Traxxas has come out with 6449R, which is a thicker gear, and should hold up better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

I just stay with plastic as that is weak point on drivetrain. Easy to replace the 3$ part. Vs something else inside diff or tranny. Check your pinion set screw as well. Perhaps as some locktight as well.

Double check your pinion / spur mesh. May need to set manually.

Also being off throttle when landing will help not destroy it. Backflips are hard on drivetrain. I tend to break things doing backflips. But oh so fun.

I've since wrapped my tires in kevlar string so tires won't balloon and explode on me but much harder to do backflips now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beavis View Post
    I replaced mine with 6449X when I had it down for maintenance. Since then, Traxxas has come out with 6449R, which is a thicker gear, and should hold up better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I'll check it. I got to go back to the shop, they gave me the spur gear for the 1/16 version instead of the 1/10 version.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I just stay with plastic as that is weak point on drivetrain. Easy to replace the 3$ part. Vs something else inside diff or tranny. Check your pinion set screw as well. Perhaps as some locktight as well.

Double check your pinion / spur mesh. May need to set manually.

Also being off throttle when landing will help not destroy it. Backflips are hard on drivetrain. I tend to break things doing backflips. But oh so fun.

I've since wrapped my tires in kevlar string so tires won't balloon and explode on me but much harder to do backflips now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Yeah the moment I landed that back-flip was amazing. I think one of the times I didn't land it was what did in the spur gear.