Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 69 of 69
  1. #41
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I could be wrong, I never purchased a Hobbywing product. I haven't seen pinions included with other manufactures so I would be hesitant to believe Hobbywing does. Maybe they do? IDK.

    That would be a bonus if they did include one.
    In a certain models of motor, they includes pinions, specially in 5mm bore motors.

    https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...nt=28088349329

    https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...nt=28086278737

  2. #42
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I could be wrong, I never purchased a Hobbywing product. I haven't seen pinions included with other manufactures so I would be hesitant to believe Hobbywing does. Maybe they do? IDK.

    That would be a bonus if they did include one.
    Yeah I know I figured that was weird too since Iíd never heard of motors coming with pinions, but idk. We will see.

  3. #43
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    In a certain models of motor, they includes pinions, specially in 5mm bore motors.

    https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...nt=28088349329

    https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...nt=28086278737
    OK. It doesn't help with saying if the OP's combo comes with one or not. I think this is what they purchased and I don't see a pinion listed in "What's in the box." products/hobbywing-axe-550-system

  4. #44
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    OK. It doesn't help with saying if the OP's combo comes with one or not. I think this is what they purchased and I don't see a pinion listed in "What's in the box." products/hobbywing-axe-550-system
    Yeah I think that’s it. It said something like “axe 550 2700kv system - newest version - 1.1”

    Edit - watch the first 40 seconds of this vid for pinion, then watch the up to a minute and 15 when he talks about the fan, because I wasn’t sure it was going to include a fan. https://youtu.be/CqKpRr-tSGs
    Last edited by Millsie; 07-08-2020 at 11:18 AM.

  5. #45
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,266
    That's great they are included. They should update their web-page descriptions to help the confusion.
    Of course if they are included without being in the description I'd still call it a "Bonus".

    Also on Amain it is showing as discontinued:amainhobbies/hobbywing-axe-550-v1.1-combo-w-2700kv
    Looks like you got the combo just in time, LoL.

  6. #46
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    That's great they are included. They should update their web-page descriptions to help the confusion.
    Of course if they are included without being in the description I'd still call it a "Bonus".

    Also on Amain it is showing as discontinued:amainhobbies/hobbywing-axe-550-v1.1-combo-w-2700kv
    Looks like you got the combo just in time, LoL.
    Thank goodness dude! I don’t know what I would’ve done becuase that seemed like the optimal combo for my situation! Anyway. Thanks for all of the help. And your right, they should update their site.
    Thinking about it though, I highly doubt they are actually discontinuing them. They’ve only been out for like a year.. probably amain just won’t stock them anymore or something. Or they aren’t a verified seller
    What rigs do you have with what motors and esc’s?
    Last edited by Millsie; 07-08-2020 at 12:57 PM.

  7. #47
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Millsie View Post
    ...What rigs do you have with what motors and escís?
    I only have 1 TRX4. Link:Joined-the-Scale-scene-My-Brushless-Bronco

  8. #48
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Nice! How do you like that servo?

  9. #49
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,266
    Highly impressed. Feels and works like a quality piece. When they start making them again I'm getting another for my Erevo 2.0

    They only negative I can say, is I needed a servo extension wire to reach the Rx on my TRX4.

  10. #50
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Highly impressed. Feels and works like a quality piece. When they start making them again I'm getting another for my Erevo 2.0

    They only negative I can say, is I needed a servo extension wire to reach the Rx on my TRX4.
    Yeah I read that about a few different servis when I was looking for a good one for my trx in these forums. I guess leads on a lot of servos are just too short

  11. #51
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Millsie View Post
    Yeah I read that about a few different servis when I was looking for a good one for my trx in these forums. I guess leads on a lot of servos are just too short
    The steering servo placement and the receiver box wire opening direction on the TRX4 really don't help at all. You really need a long lead on any servo you choose. I turned my receiver box around for now until I take the time to install the extension.

  12. #52
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    San Gabriel, California
    Posts
    8,465
    Just saw this vid and thought it was relevant (althought from Jan 2019):

    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  13. #53
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Just saw this vid and thought it was relevant (althought from Jan 2019):

    Good advice mate.

  14. #54
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    The steering servo placement and the receiver box wire opening direction on the TRX4 really don't help at all. You really need a long lead on any servo you choose. I turned my receiver box around for now until I take the time to install the extension.
    Oh there ya go! Not a bad idea. I have a few extra servo plugs so I’m just gonna cut it off and extend mine if it isn’t long enough.

  15. #55
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    boise idaho
    Posts
    14
    Mamba has way more punch power then the ace system if you plan on doing some serious crawling the mamba is superior and it is waterproof mines had an accidental completely submerged swim l..lol. and I go thru water all the time with no issues..

  16. #56
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    boise idaho
    Posts
    14
    Forgot to mention I run the Tekin Roc 412 with the mamba
    Last edited by bcfoto; 07-20-2020 at 08:26 AM.

  17. #57
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Desert SW
    Posts
    102
    For everybody wanting the Axe 550 Combo with the 3300kv motor, they are discontinued online on some stores and are always on backorder. I emailed Hobbywing North America directly and their customer service was excellent. I was able to purchase the combo directly from their sales associate and my system arrived 2 days later This happened the beginning of June 2020.

  18. #58
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstudded_6.0 View Post
    For everybody wanting the Axe 550 Combo with the 3300kv motor, they are discontinued online on some stores and are always on backorder. I emailed Hobbywing North America directly and their customer service was excellent. I was able to purchase the combo directly from their sales associate and my system arrived 2 days later This happened the beginning of June 2020.
    Nice to read this mate, enjoy this combo, is a beast.

  19. #59
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Desert SW
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    Nice to read this mate, enjoy this combo, is a beast.
    Thanks man! I appreciate it! And I am enjoying it a lot! installed in the trx6 and completely stable on full throttle

  20. #60
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    274
    Did the op get the axe system? And anyone else on here run both an axe and a mamba x in 2 of their trucks? I've been on the fence for the axe, mainly the foc since I'm so used to normal throttle feel. Wonder if its something you get used to fast and dont notice, or if it'll drive me nuts only having it in one of several crawlers.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

  21. #61
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Desert SW
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
    Did the op get the axe system? And anyone else on here run both an axe and a mamba x in 2 of their trucks? I've been on the fence for the axe, mainly the foc since I'm so used to normal throttle feel. Wonder if its something you get used to fast and dont notice, or if it'll drive me nuts only having it in one of several crawlers.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I set the stall on my Axe system to Low. It really imitates the feel of the brushed system very well. I did not notice a difference in my case.

  22. #62
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    boise idaho
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
    Did the op get the axe system? And anyone else on here run both an axe and a mamba x in 2 of their trucks? I've been on the fence for the axe, mainly the foc since I'm so used to normal throttle feel. Wonder if its something you get used to fast and dont notice, or if it'll drive me nuts only having it in one of several crawlers.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I've run both hands down the mamba is superior in its power delivery.. the punch is amazing in the mamba.. u can easily get a castle link and tune the throttle and brake curves to be as mild or wild of throtle response as u want..

  23. #63
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Desert SW
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by bcfoto View Post
    I've run both hands down the mamba is superior in its power delivery.. the punch is amazing in the mamba.. u can easily get a castle link and tune the throttle and brake curves to be as mild or wild of throtle response as u want..
    i agree with that! i only went for the hobbywing because of its "adjust on the fly" capability. and their phone app is super user friendly. but yea my next rig will be mamba.

  24. #64
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    125
    Mamba definitely. Add the Bluetooth link and you can make adjustments on the fly. Iím running the mamba x with a Holmes hobby 550 torque master 21t and love it. Had it completely submerged last weekend doing river runs with no issues. Plus with the white auxiliary wire you can hook it up to the transmission servo, so low gear has full drag brake and instant reverse for crawling and high gear has no drag brake for trail running


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #65
    RC Qualifier TITANIUM94010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by PFongemie View Post
    Mamba definitely. Add the Bluetooth link and you can make adjustments on the fly. I’m running the mamba x with a Holmes hobby 550 torque master 21t and love it. Had it completely submerged last weekend doing river runs with no issues. Plus with the white auxiliary wire you can hook it up to the transmission servo, so low gear has full drag brake and instant reverse for crawling and high gear has no drag brake for trail running


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Were you running submerged while sensored? I heard that the Mamba X doesn't like water when it's in the sponsored mode, but if it worked for you I might start water running with the mamba.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

  26. #66
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    Were you running submerged while sensored? I heard that the Mamba X doesn't like water when it's in the sponsored mode, but if it worked for you I might start water running with the mamba.
    Probably him waterproofing the sensor ports, Youtube has tutorials for it.

  27. #67
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    4
    the castle mamba x is better for me

  28. #68
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    Were you running submerged while sensored? I heard that the Mamba X doesn't like water when it's in the sponsored mode, but if it worked for you I might start water running with the mamba.
    Waterproofing the mamba? The website says itís waterproof. So I went for it. Submerged deep enough till my receiver couldnít get my transmitter signal. Then the current rolled it down stream about 6 ft. Unfortunately I didnít get any pictures of mine. Hereís where I was and a picture of my buddies.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #69
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    274
    Its water proof, the sensor port isn't, but a little dielectric grease in the ports before you plug it in solves that. Also, even if you didnt use the grease, and water got in there, all that would happen is you could loose sensor mode. It wont damage it. To add on what a previous poster said about the aux wire and shifting from 1st to 2nd, not only can you change the drag brake as he mentioned, but you can also set it up to go from instant forward/reverse in first, to forward/brake/reverse in second. Very nice option. And if you have a single speed, like me, you can have it change from F/R to F/B/R when you drop the drag brake below a certain percent, something like 30 or whatever you'd like.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •