RC poster

Can the merv do front and back flips?

How easy/difficult is it to do front and backflips with the mini revo? What gearing/battery might I need to accomplish that? I'm running (or soon will be installing) a hobbywing Max10 ESC + 3652SL 3300kv motor. So I think I should have enough power. I own both a 2s and 3s lipo. It's currently geared at the stock 28/50. I assume that gearing should be fine for the 2s since that's what it runs with the VXL-3s and I assume the hobbywing is a much more capable setup. Not really sure how that gearing would handle 3s though. So I'm just looking for some guidance on flips.

Just know backflips will be hard on the drivetrain. You will start blowing diffs and will want to shim them.

I run the vxl3m with 380 motor. On 3s it does standing backflips on pavement. Then blew a tire out. Got a set of trenchers

Then had to rebuild rear diff as it lost all it's fluid. Have 100k front and rear now. Yet to run again on pavement. But on wet sand it was pretty uncontrollable wanting to spin out anytime on wot.

Not sure what my gearing is. As stock from when I got it used.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steveko23 View Post
    How easy/difficult is it to do front and backflips with the mini revo? What gearing/battery might I need to accomplish that? I'm running (or soon will be installing) a hobbywing Max10 ESC + 3652SL 3300kv motor. So I think I should have enough power. I own both a 2s and 3s lipo. It's currently geared at the stock 28/50. I assume that gearing should be fine for the 2s since that's what it runs with the VXL-3s and I assume the hobbywing is a much more capable setup. Not really sure how that gearing would handle 3s though. So I'm just looking for some guidance on flips.
    Mine will do front flips and back flips from a standstill. Stock motor and ESC on a 2s Lipo. Just make sure you let off the throttle before it lands, or you'll tear up your diffs like Acidic01 stated.