RC poster

slightly assymetric servo

Hello,

I replaced the stock servo with a 2065X and it works...however,
    the new servo has a "slight" assymmetrie: when i turn to the left and let go, it does not return to the same position as when i turn right and let go. I can't solve this with the offset button on the remote. One way is always slightly offset and therefore not straight.
    i have checked that it is not the steering mechanisme, that has a hysteresis. It is not, it is really the servo position/wheel.

Is there any way to fix this by recalibaring the EMC or so ?
    It is a brand new X model with metal gears, so can't be a missing gear tooth or something....

thx,
    Calim

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimero444 View Post
    Hello,

I replaced the stock servo with a 2065X and it works...however,
    the new servo has a "slight" assymmetrie: when i turn to the left and let go, it does not return to the same position as when i turn right and let go. I can't solve this with the offset button on the remote. One way is always slightly offset and therefore not straight.
    i have checked that it is not the steering mechanisme, that has a hysteresis. It is not, it is really the servo position/wheel.

Is there any way to fix this by recalibaring the EMC or so ?
    It is a brand new X model with metal gears, so can't be a missing gear tooth or something....

thx,
    Calim
    Really common problem.
    Is your steering binding on the servo saver?

Loosening the chassis screws a tiny bit has help others but not me (the blue plastic that holds the steering assembly in place)
    Also you can try a 2mm shim to give the return spring a bit of help. Didn't work for me.

I'm still trying to fix this issue myself on the stock servo. The servo is still rock solid but the spring cant push the wheels back.
    I'm waiting for stronger servo saver springs to arrive.

RC poster
    Pretty much the same issue and topic I was describing in my post yesterday. I agree, seems like a spring issue as it is just too weak to push everything straight again after a turn.... or to hold the turn if it is getting feedback from rough ground during a turn. Certainly not like larger cars that can have a nut to tighten and loosen the servo saver. I'll have the try a shim/spacer in mine or else it may come down to after market parts in hopes their springs are stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zat0ichi View Post
    Really common problem.
    Is your steering binding on the servo saver?

Loosening the chassis screws a tiny bit has help others but not me (the blue plastic that holds the steering assembly in place)
    Also you can try a 2mm shim to give the return spring a bit of help. Didn't work for me.

I'm still trying to fix this issue myself on the stock servo. The servo is still rock solid but the spring cant push the wheels back.
    I'm waiting for stronger servo saver springs to arrive.