Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: XO-1 motor

  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    9

    XO-1 motor

    I have been waiting for over a year now for my local store to get a motor from traxxas for my xo-1. about 6 months ago they sent a motor and it was the wrong one.

    I looked at the parts list and didnt see a motor listed.

    What are my motor options for the XO-1 ?

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,584
    Get a Leopard 1680kv motor from eBay for 89 bucks. It should do the job for you. The original motor (when the XO-1 first came out) was a Castle 1650kv motor. It's a great motor, but Castle doesn't make it anymore. If my XO-1 motor ever poops out on me, that Leopard 1680kv motor is the way I'm going to go. I have a Leopard 1340kv motor for my Xmaxx, and love it!
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    9
    there are some 1717 castle 1580kv brushless big motor on ebay also ?

    I dont know the replacements or even the original as its not in the documentation on traxxas site. I bought the xo-1 2nd hand and only got to run it before the engine died.
    Last edited by MightyQue; 07-08-2020 at 05:22 AM.

  4. #4
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Get a Leopard 1680kv motor from eBay for 89 bucks. It should do the job for you. The original motor (when the XO-1 first came out) was a Castle 1650kv motor. It's a great motor, but Castle doesn't make it anymore. If my XO-1 motor ever poops out on me, that Leopard 1680kv motor is the way I'm going to go. I have a Leopard 1340kv motor for my Xmaxx, and love it!
    Castle is making the 1717 again. And it is sensored. castle-1717-1y-sensored-motor-1650kv


    And they make a matching sensored ESC that goes up to 8s:
    castlecreations/mamba-monster-x-8s
    Last edited by grizzly03; 07-08-2020 at 08:39 AM. Reason: esc

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    802
    Isnít the hobbywing 4985 motor basically a 1717 competitor as well?

    But now that there is a castle 1717 again, as long as itís available, the 8s+1717 combo is a nice upgrade to have.

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,584
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyQue View Post
    there are some 1717 castle 1580kv brushless big motor on eBay also ?

    I don't know the replacements or even the original as its not in the documentation on traxxas site. I bought the xo-1 2nd hand and only got to run it before the engine died.
    Is the original Castle 1717 XO-1 motor a 1650kv or a 1580kv. I always thought it was a 1650kv?
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,584
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Castle is making the 1717 again. And it is sensored. castle-1717-1y-sensored-motor-1650kv


    And they make a matching sensored ESC that goes up to 8s:
    castlecreations/mamba-monster-x-8s
    Man, that's sweet!
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

  8. #8
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Man, that's sweet!
    I know right! Capable of 8s and a sensored system.

  9. #9
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Is the original Castle 1717 XO-1 motor a 1650kv or a 1580kv. I always thought it was a 1650kv?
    i was getting this info from an ebay posting when I searched for XO-1. For someone new this has been hard trying to get a replacement motor. My shop has been waiting over a year from traxxas, they sent one a while back but it was the wrong one.
    Neu-Castle 1717 Traxxas XO-1 1580kv Brushless Big Motor 6407

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    9
    I went to a store and they recommended an Axial 2200kv and it works fine. So after a year the XO-1 is now up and running.

  11. #11
    RC Racer gusd2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    136
    Good, glad you got it going again. Iím running a Hobbywing 2200kv motor in my XO-1. Works great, just be careful and monitor your motor temps if you plan to go above 24/46, pinion and spur gear combo, because it can get hot quick.

  12. #12
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    14
    the original castle 1717 is a 1650kv and so is the Traxxas branded 1717 . I have both these motors my xo-1 is before tsm so it's a early version build .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •