RC Competitor

New motor question

Hello all,
    I was wondering if the Tekin 2250kv motor with the Tekin RX8 Gen3 esc would be a good fit for my UDR?
    I'm asking because i just built the new Tekno EB48 2.0 buggy with that same combo and it works awesome.
    Now I don't bash my UDR, just drive it like its meant to be driven, maybe small jumps if they are around.
    Any info would be great
    Thanks,

RC Competitor
    My opinion is the udr is too heavy for that motor

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, it's probably on the small side for what a UDR "should" have in it.

I say "should" because with the right batteries, gearing and performance expectations you can likely make it work.

If you're fond of the combo, try it out and watch temps. Let us know if you've found another contender for electronics set-up in the UDR.

The Tekin T8 2250Kv motor is their truggy motor. Same size as the castle 1515 2200kv motor. If it was the buggy motor I would be hesitant. I don't see why the Tekin truggy motors are not comparable to the castle 2200?

Castle 1515 2200kv: 75.4mm long x 40mm diameter
    Tekin T8 2650kv: 77mm long x 40mm diameter

I have a T8 2000kv in my summit turning mudslingers. It would rip the truck apart without throttle control and/or slipper clutch.

RC Competitor
    I was thinking it should be fine since the stock motor is 2200kv and while its a good motor, its not as good as that Tekin motor.
    Might give it a shot one day and see how it goes, was just wondering if others here have used Tekin motors in there UDR.

If I had an UDR I wouldn't worry about the T8 Truggy motors. I have a T8 1700kv i'm going to be putting in my Erevo 2.0. I also think it's better than the stock 2200kv motor. (same motor that's in the UDR)

RC Qualifier
    Oh, I assumed it was a motor for a 1/8 buggy, not a truggy. I'd be comfortable running truggy electronics in the UDR.

Sensored would be a nice upgrade over stock too.

RC Competitor
    Yep, i want to go sensored in all my RC's .