RC poster

Nitro Slash throttle / steering issues

Iíve got a nitro slash that is about a month old. When breaking in the engine the throttle stuck wide open and hit a tree and bad things happened lol. I was only about 40 feet from it when this happened. So after fixing the damage I tried to continue the break in. The issue Iím having is intermittent loss of control and the light on the TQI receiver blinks red and green then returns to green. I have not found any bad wires or connections and have replaced the TQI receiver from my other nitro slash with no luck. If you try to give throttle or brake and turn at the same time it starts to act up. The throttle seems laggy at times but still works. Iím still new to this hobby and seeing if anyone else has had issues like this?

What are you using for receiver batteries? It sounds like the AA's need to be changed.

RC poster
    I forgot to add I replaced all batteries in truck and transmitter and it still does it.

First off I would highly recommend a rechargeable receiver pack for the truck. Do not use rechargeable AA batteries in the pack or the transmitter; alkaline AA in the transmitter are just fine and will last a long time.

Second, isolate the issue by plugging only one servo in at a time and testing. If the problem happens when one of the servos is plugged in then you found the issue. If neither act up on their own but they do when both are plugged in then it could be a power issue.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    First off I would highly recommend a rechargeable receiver pack for the truck. Do not use rechargeable AA batteries in the pack or the transmitter; alkaline AA in the transmitter are just fine and will last a long time...
    I agree in not using rechargeable AA's. I tried it once back when the radios where still AM. My T-Maxx had a runaway. Since then I use quality alkiline AA's in the transmitter and a rechargeable NiMh pack in the truck. If you can afford it a NiMh pack is well worth it.

RC poster
    Well I think I have the issue solved. I tried the transmitter from my other slash and it seems to work ok now. I haven’t tried the questionable transmitter on the known good truck yet but so far this one is working great

Thank you for sharing the solution!