RC Racer

6780 Center Diff and Telemetry Magnet Holder

Replaced my slipper with a center diff (TRA6780), which worked great. I was looking over the slipper clutch afterwards and realized that I didnít move over the telemetry magnet and holder. I checked the center diff but it doesnít have a place for the magnet... great, another part to order, but when I searched online, it doesnít look like there is one?

How do you connect telemetry to the center diff (6780)? It looks like there is a magnet holder for the plastic version of the center diff but not the metal one. Am I missing something or do you have to give up telemetry for a metal center diff?

RC Racer
    Guess no one uses telemetry with the stronger center diff?

I havenít used the 6780 yet, and until your post did not realize there is no place for the RPM magnet.

I guess If you want to know your top speed, youíll need either Traxxasí Telemetry expansion module and GPS unit, TRA6553X.

Otherwise, a GPS device like this Dynamite also works well.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by gusd2 View Post
    I haven’t used the 6780 yet, and until your post did not realize there is no place for the RPM magnet.

I guess If you want to know your top speed, you’ll need either Traxxas’ Telemetry expansion module and GPS unit, TRA6553X.

Otherwise, a GPS device like this Dynamite also works well.

Yeah, the GPS is probably the best option regardless of whether the telemetry works or not. Upon digging further, the adapter that holds the magnet to the slipper or to the plastic differential has three screws, but the 6780 has four in a different pattern.

The diff works great, so if there isn't an option to enable telemetry to it, then I'm not going to lose sleep over it, it just seems like a waste.